WICED stalls and need restart

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
StN__1917156
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

WICED 6.2.1 stalls after certain errors and the only way found so far to pass by is to restart it

At the bottom right corner shows Building Targets: (0%) and the green indicator rolls forever

Compiling btn12w.c

../apps/w191/bsc01/bcsc_main.c:31:1: error: unknown type name 'modes_t'; use 'enum' keyword to refer to the type

modes_t mode = MODE_NOTINIT;  // global var

^~~~~~~

enum

make.exe[1]: *** [../build/bsc01-CYBT_413034_EVAL-rom-ram-Wiced-release/bcsc_main.o] Error 1

makefile:432: recipe for target '../build/bsc01-CYBT_413034_EVAL-rom-ram-Wiced-release/bcsc_main.o' failed

make.exe[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this error. I will forward to our software team to fix this.

Instead of restarting the WICED, you can stop the building targets from Progress tab at the bottom right corner as highlighted in the attached screenshot.

Regards,

Pavan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
KotnaniK_71
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hi,

Can you please share your code and project files to debug the issue.

Thanks

0 Likes
lock attach

Ok, so I  prepared very simple example with the snip>hal>gpio example with added just couple lines code under the mark  /* *** Error simulation ****

starting from line 79 in order to trigger / simulate an error after which the WICED IDE stalls and the only solution for this kind of problems  I found so far is to restart it.

My WICED is

WICED-SDK Version: Wiced_006.002.001.0002

b94b1cc047c6cbaa4d2aa50bd36d6af921998270

And are added/ replaced Platform files for CYBT_413034_EVAL

The make record for this example is:

w191.testwerr1-CYBT_413034_EVAL download

The output on the console is:

Compiling wiced_platform_pin_config.c

../apps/w191/testwerr1/hal_gpio.c:86:1: error: unknown type name 'modes_t'; did you mean '__mode_t'?

^~~~~~~

__mode_t

../apps/w191/testwerr1/hal_gpio.c:86:16: error: 'MODE_NOTINIT' undeclared here (not in a function); did you mean '_REENT_INIT'?

^~~~~~~~~~~~

_REENT_INIT

make.exe[1]: *** [../build/testwerr1-CYBT_413034_EVAL-rom-ram-Wiced-release/hal_gpio.o] Error 1

makefile:432: recipe for target '../build/testwerr1-CYBT_413034_EVAL-rom-ram-Wiced-release/hal_gpio.o' failed

make.exe[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

At this point WICED stalls and have to  restart the WICED IDE. After restart if uncomment the typedef at lines 105-108, 'clean' and make the target again, the code will be compiled without WICED to stalls.

Doesn't hang on all errors, but on most  do

0 Likes
lock attach

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this error. I will forward to our software team to fix this.

Instead of restarting the WICED, you can stop the building targets from Progress tab at the bottom right corner as highlighted in the attached screenshot.

Regards,

Pavan

0 Likes