CY7C65642 USB 2.0 hub power consumption ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SiD__4397786
Level 1
Level 1

We are planning to use Cypress CY7C65642 USB2.0 very low power USB hub in bus powered mode for our new product.  Can you share me how much is the power consumption of this Hub for 2- DS - ports to be active and both can be HS or FS. Inside the datasheet the power dissipation is shown as 432 mW. This power is not matching with the datasheet active current calculation. Expecting your immediate reply.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

The Power dissipation value of 432 mW is the absolute maximum that is obtained from the design under the worst case conditions. The values mentioned in the table are the actual measured values at typical conditions. Hence it is recommended to refer to the values in the table for your calculations.

Best Regards,

Sananya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
SiD__4397786
Level 1
Level 1

I want to know the power consumption of CY7C65642 4 port and 2 port hub power consumption when the hub is in high-speed operation. Expecting your immediate reply.

0 Likes

Hello,

Please refer to the supply current values for 2 active HS ports on Page 17 in the datasheet. That should determine the power consumption for operating voltage of 3.3 V(Min 3.15V and Max 3.6V).

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes

Thanks for your reply. When calculating with the above values I got values 219.24 mW(min) and 250.56 mW(max). Can you share me how this 432 mW(shown in page 17 of datasheet) power consumption is coming for this chip ?. Even if we calculate with 4 active ports it won't match.

0 Likes

Hello,

The Power dissipation value of 432 mW is the absolute maximum that is obtained from the design under the worst case conditions. The values mentioned in the table are the actual measured values at typical conditions. Hence it is recommended to refer to the values in the table for your calculations.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes