BCM9WCD5EVAL1 SWD Question

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

On the BCM9WCD5EVAL1_3 schematic page 2 there is this statement "Set to poisition 'A' for SWD via JLINK"

Can someone explain how to access SWD via jlink per the schematic, currently I can only access Jtag.

ed

0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes currently it only supports SWD via Jtag. The only way I fell that you can use Jlink is via an external connection.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

In order to enable SWD a jumper needs to be placed between position A and R43. Once in place both Jtag and SWD interfaces work when selected by and external debugger.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand once the jumper is in place that both Jtag and SWD are accessible by an external device. My question is what is the jumper doing. Why is it needEd to enable SWD. Is the external device sensing the jumper 

When looking at TMS/sddio pin when in jtag mode the pulse stream is different than when in SWD mode . what is the jumper doing to change these pulse streams.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why use the jumper to enable SWD, if the jumper was added during manufacturing both Jtag and SWD would be available.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Presently, through WICED we do not have debug options for JTAG. We use SWD as default than JTAG in order to do that. Hence we do not have this option provided through our hardware.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Then could you explain why on page 2 of the attached schematic of your eval board does it show Jtag as the default and swd as an option via the addition of a jumper. Even version 1_3 has the same option

0 Likes