Designing field upgradable psoc 3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SAKU_3733026
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am upgrading my PSoC 3 device field-upgradable using SWD debug pin.

I was using I2C communication protocol but showing error "can't use debug pin as I2C".

I have gone through the I2C bootloader document but not getting a clear view of pin connections.

Product name: CY8C3245LTI-163

Please help me out.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Saurav,

It is not recommended to use SWD lines for I2C.

1).I have shared a screenshot of how to use bootloader with an I2C communication protocol.

i2c.PNG

2).The system that provides the data to update the flash is called the host, and the system being updated is called the target.

The host can be an external PC or another MCU on the same PCB as the target.

You can refer to section 2.3 in AN60317 for more details.

ss.PNG

You can select your own host instead of psoc5lp..

Regards

Alakananda

Alakananda

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hi Saurav,

To overcome the error the in Design wide resources go to SYSTEMS there go to PROGRAMMING/DEBUGGING in DEBUG SELECT go and select GPIO and then try running the code there will be no errors.

Regards

Alakananda

Alakananda
0 Likes

Hi AlakanandaB,

After selecting the debugging pin as a GPIO, can I able to make it field upgradeable? Because it was dedicated to SWD debug pin.

And I want to configure this to field-programmable using I2C pin. Please give a clear view of it.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Hi Saurav,

When the debug mode is gpio you cannot debug the program but your bootloader program will work normally.

Regards

Alakananda

Alakananda
0 Likes
SAKU_3733026
Level 1
Level 1

Hi AlaknandaB,

I got your point as you have explained that I can't use GPIO as a debugger pin.

How to use bootloader with an I2C communication protocol? I have already gone through the i2c bootloader document but I am not getting how it will work as a field upgradable. Please give a brief view of how to add i2c bootloader in my design for field up-gradation.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Hi Saurav,

It is not recommended to use SWD lines for I2C.

1).I have shared a screenshot of how to use bootloader with an I2C communication protocol.

i2c.PNG

2).The system that provides the data to update the flash is called the host, and the system being updated is called the target.

The host can be an external PC or another MCU on the same PCB as the target.

You can refer to section 2.3 in AN60317 for more details.

ss.PNG

You can select your own host instead of psoc5lp..

Regards

Alakananda

Alakananda
0 Likes