How can I change the channel on the fly using wwd_set_channel function

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JaSh_2812831
Level 1
Level 1

For our project, our requirement is that the client (CYW43907 Evaluation Kit) needs to switch the frequency/channel of the wifi radio while being associated/on-the-fly. I have tried using wwd_wifi_set_channel. For example, wwd_wifi_set_channel( WWD_STA_INTERFACE, 9 ), in order to switch the radio for tx/rx the packets using channel 9. However, after switching the channel, when I check the channel using wwd_wifi_get_channel(), it still shows the original channel, which means that the channel was not switched to 9.

use case:

- The client (CYW43907 Evaluation Kit) associates with AP on channel 5.

- Every 5 seconds the client switches the channel from 5 to 9 and back to 5 from 9. Basically, it alternates between channel 5 and 9 every 5 seconds without disassociation and reassociation.

Can someone please explain the basic working of wwd_wifi_set_channel function, or how the channel switch assignment is performed on WICED platforms.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Zhengbao_Zhang
250 sign-ins First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

hello:

I think the connection will be disconnected in the switch if the device is forced to switch channel.

Every 5 seconds the client switches the channel from 5 to 9 and back to 5 from 9.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Zhengbao_Zhang
250 sign-ins First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

hello:

I think the connection will be disconnected in the switch if the device is forced to switch channel.

Every 5 seconds the client switches the channel from 5 to 9 and back to 5 from 9.

0 Likes

ZhengbaoZ_96

Thank you for your answer.

I understand all the negative outcomes of channel switching.

However, before that, the real issue is that the channel does not actually switch using wwd_wifi_set_channel function. Any insights about that?

Basically, how can I make the CYW43907 Evaluation Kit's radio switch the wifi channel without being disassociated?

-Thanks!

0 Likes

Hello:

I do not think we can support the request without disassociation .