cy4531 connect devices error

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
rttt_3611331
Level 3
Level 3
First like given

I try to use cy4531 to connect device by typec port, and got error.

0 HID devices found.

1 USB-Serial Bridge devices found.

Flashing device is UFP, initiating DR_SWAP

DR Swap Successful

PD contract established.

Error: VDM response read failed on PORT:0

Device Discovery completed.

Any reasons why this problem happened? thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
YiZ_31
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hi,

This Error usually will show up because the device connected did not enable the corresponding macro in the code which casue the VDM communication failed. I suggest you program the chip with the original hex file and try again.

Regards,Eddie

View solution in original post

3 Replies
YiZ_31

Hi,

I guess you are trying to program the CCG3 device on CY4531. You should follow the operation guide in the CY4531 kit guide:

Ensure that the voltage selection jumper (J3) is set to 5 V (pins 2 and 3 of jumper J3 on the CCG3 daughter card are

shorted). Also, ensure that the I/O supply selection jumper (J4) is set to VDDD of the CCG3 device (pins 2 and 3 of

jumper J4 on the CCG3 daughter card are shorted).

Connect the USB Type-A to Mini-B cable from host PC to CCG3 daughter card

Regards,

Eddie

0 Likes

Hello,

Config is correct. Any clues about that error?  "Error: VDM response read failed on PORT:0"

thanks.

h

0 Likes
YiZ_31

Hi,

This Error usually will show up because the device connected did not enable the corresponding macro in the code which casue the VDM communication failed. I suggest you program the chip with the original hex file and try again.

Regards,Eddie