Is there a way to list all inline warnings and errors?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JoBr_1593366
Level 5
Level 5
100 sign-ins 50 questions asked 100 replies posted

Is there a way to get a listing of all the errors and warnings shown in the code editor?

The project still compiles, and these do not show up in the Notice List, but I think they mess up the code editor's features so that it can't find things, etc.  and sometimes those warnings are important, or clues to a more serious bug.

Examples:

2019-07-19 10_28_12-Broadcast Mic - PSoC Creator 4.2  [C__..._SSD Main_Broadcast Mic PSoC4_Broadcast.png

2019-07-31 16_52_12-Q2Ui - PSoC Creator 4.2  [C__..._Q2Ui firmware PC4_Q2Ui.cydsn_Generated_Source_P.png

0 Likes
11 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

The following KBA might be useful: GCC Warnings Diagnostic in PSoC Creator - KBA225431

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

Ok but I'm using Keil DP8051, and the compiler is already at warning level 2.  But there are many warnings and errors in the code editor itself that are not shown in the Notice List, and I don't see any way to go through them except to manually open every Generated Source file and manually scroll through them.

0 Likes

I hope you already have a valid Keil license. I think the editor is able to pick up the warnings/errors but during compilation, compiler might be optimizing the functions that aren't used and hence do not end up in the notice list. Please change the optimization levels to check if it helps: Cx51 User's Guide: OPTIMIZE Compiler Directive

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

Yes, but then it won't compile because there's not enough space without optimization.

0 Likes
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Try adding #include "project.h" to see if the errors are resolved. Can you attach your project to get more insight on the issue?

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

Yes that's how I fixed the errors. The problem is I have to manually open every file in the project and scroll through them manually looking for those errors by eye.  I suspect these sorts of things are why it can't find functions sometimes, etc.  but fixing all of them would be a lot of effort if I can't just list them all in one place.

0 Likes

If the errors in the code editor are not being listed in the Notice List, there is something obviously wrong. Not sure how I can recreate this, but might have something to do with the build settings, some dependency not being included etc.. which is difficult to tell without the project.

Would you be able to attach your project to get more insight into what's causing this? Also, do let me know the version of PSoC Creator and Operating System you are running on.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

Ok I can email it to you.

Environment:

PSoC Creator  4.2 (4.2.0.641)

Culture: English (United States)

OS Version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1

CLR Version: 4.0.30319.42000

0 Likes

Okay, please mail it to me.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

Ok I sent it to you on 8/27.

0 Likes

I'm sorry I haven't received any mail. Please check again, my email id is ddka@cypress.com

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes