S25FL256SDPNFB000 SPI FLASH

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
gean_3054931
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes given 5 likes given First like received

Hello,

we are using S25FL256SDPNFB000 flash for the purpose of storing data in it. It is interfaced with zynq controller.

I am not able to write and read from the SPI flash. This S25FL256SDPNFB000 flash is working in QSPI mode. But its not working as data flash(as miso,mosi). The HOLD and WP signals are not connected to SPI controller in the zynq in DATA flash mode(not in QSPI MODE). Normally WP and HOLD signals are at 3.3v.Why it is not responding in data flash(4 bit interface)mode?

Regards,

Geetha

0 Likes
5 Replies
TakahiroK_16
Employee
Employee
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 solutions authored

Hi Geetha,

I would ask some questions below.

Do you connect the S25FL256S to the Zynq PS side or PL (FPGA) side?

What software are you using, u-boot/Linux, bare-metal application in Xilinx SDK?

What is the DATA flash mode? Your controller/software has that mode for Flash?

Thanks,

Takahiro

0 Likes

Hello,

Below are the answers for your questions,

1. Do you connect the S25FL256S to the Zynq PS side or PL (FPGA) side?

PS Side.

2. What software are you using, u-boot/Linux, bare-metal application in Xilinx SDK?

Bare-Metal application in Xilinx SDK.

3. What is the DATA flash mode? Your controller/software has that mode for Flash?

Single bit (Standard SPI Flash) but not in Quad Mode and Yes, controller supports SPI Mode.

I/O-0 - SI

I/O-1 - SO

I/O-2 - WP#

I/O-3- HOLD#

HOLD# and WP# are not handled by the ZYNQ controller.

Thanks,

Geetha

0 Likes

Hi Geetha,

Thank you for the reply.

If you are using same hardware set (PCB, Zynq, and FL256S) for both modes and the Quad mode is working, the Single bit mode should also work. How did you verify if the single mode is working? Did you use Read ID command?

Thanks,

Takahiro

0 Likes

Hello,

Yes, we checked the Read ID command, but not showing any data in SPI mode

SO is high in QUAD mode and in SPI mode MISO always showing FFFF

Thanks,

Geetha

0 Likes

Hi Geetha,

I would like to ask for a clarification. How did you confirm the device is working in QUAD mode? You mentioned SO is HIGH in QUAD mode and MISO is always showing FFFF in SPI mode. Both mean the same thing, right?

Regrads,

Apurva

0 Likes