Does Broadcom support the source code about OTA on Android and Iphone

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am doing OTA now,I have test the secure OTA with tool WicedSmartOta.apk.But I do not konw how tu do  in our own app about OTA.Does Broadcom support the source code about OTA on Android or Iphone.

1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello.

These are source codes for WICED Sense App for Android and iOS

WICED Sense Android Source (v1.08)

WICED Sense iOS Source (v1.0)

Android app supports OTA and you can see it in the source code.

As far as I'm aware, the iOS version doesn't support OTA, but you can take a look at the source code anyways.

Hope this helps.

James

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

The only OTA Peerapp we officially support is the one for Windows included in the SDK.

The secure version of this app is located under: /WICED-Smart-SDK/Apps/ota_secure_firmware_upgrade/peerapps/Windows

There is also an OTA sample app in C offered here within the WICED Sense folder: /WICED-Smart-SDK/Apps/wiced_sense/ws_sec_upgrade_ota.c

In addition, one of our power users, maxsong, provided some OTA code for Android here in his Help Article:

WICED Smart BCM92073X OTA Firmware Upgrade (1)

WICED Smart BCM92073X OTA Firmware Upgrade (2)

I'll ask someone on the apps team to confirm that this is all we have available.

j.t jamesle1

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello.

These are source codes for WICED Sense App for Android and iOS

WICED Sense Android Source (v1.08)

WICED Sense iOS Source (v1.0)

Android app supports OTA and you can see it in the source code.

As far as I'm aware, the iOS version doesn't support OTA, but you can take a look at the source code anyways.

Hope this helps.

James