code exemple CYPD3171-24LQXQ_PB and (_CLA)build error after minor modification and

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
chch_3621411
Level 4
Level 4
First like given

hello community first of all thank you so much for all the support.
so i'm having an issue with buil the code exemple CYPD3171-24LQXQ_PB and CYPD3171-24LQXQ_cla, after minor modification.
so for the CYPD3171-24LQXQ_cla i followed this blog step as i was suggested in my previus post CCG3PA Power Adapter/Car Charger (1C+1A) single chip solution firmware customize steps

when i buid the project i got this error in the picture below error build cla.PNG

and for the CYPD3171-24LQXQ_PB  i should generated the config.c in EZ-pd Configuration Utility, i din't cause i don't know how to generate just the config.c

and so when i build the project i  get this error also in the screeshot here error build pb.PNG

i have to mention here that i have CYPD3171-24LQXQ_PB and CYPD3171-24LQXQ_cla in same workspace is this problem ? and so there is only one cc sink boot and src boot in this workspace.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi ,

It seems this question is filled a new thread ( VBUS_C_CTRL, VBUS_P_CTRL CCG3PA pb exemple code ).

You can use the project I attached in the Blog directly and add the I2C master into the project.

Best Regards,

Lisa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi ,

1. For the errors,

May I know whether you have been Disable BUCK_BOOST_EN_C on TopDesign.cysch or not?

If yes, may I know why you keep the Regulator enable?

pastedImage_0.png

If you keep the Regulator enable, you shall have  UCK_BOOST_EN_C on TopDesign.cysch .

2. For config.c.

This table can be generate by Ez-PD configuration Utility, You shall follow the user guide of Ez-PD configuration Utility.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes

Hello LisaZ_26​ thanks for the answer, i have BUCK_BOOST_EN_C disabled on TopDesign.cysch

and the code in my config.h looks looks like on  the

CCG3PA Power Adapter/Car Charger (1C+1A) single chip solution firmware customize steps

error1.PNG

if i delete the comment on the line 83 and 84 the error is still the same as in my screen shot below i get 7 error.

when i comment the line 153, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159 more errores pop up again.

here is the TopDesign.cysch Topdesign.PNG

0 Likes

Hi ,

As per your screen shot, the BUCK_BOOST_EN_C is disabled by you. Please enable it. The way to enable is RIGHT click the BUCK_BOOST_EN_C and select enable.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes

Hello Liza thanks for the answer, but this seems just like a loop, cause i enabled BUCK_BOOST_EN_C and the error is still there. here is the story line of my problem so maybe you can help me better.
i took the PB811 reference design schematic design, i delete all USB-A related cause i wanted only one USB-C dual role.

here is the schematicschematic.PNG

2. then i posted about how to customize the firmware using the code exemple CYPD3171-24LQXQ_pb, you gave me the link to this

CCG3PA Power Adapter/Car Charger (1C+1A) single chip solution firmware customize steps

i followed it step by step there is a step when i had to disable BUCK_BOOST_EN_C Comment out or delete relates functions/operation of BUCK_BOOST_EN_C.

once i did it i had those errors.

thanks for your helps.

0 Likes

Hi ,

It seems this question is filled a new thread ( VBUS_C_CTRL, VBUS_P_CTRL CCG3PA pb exemple code ).

You can use the project I attached in the Blog directly and add the I2C master into the project.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes