Debuging Mesh Application Does not works

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AsRa_264661
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 likes received

Hi All, DheerajP_41

I enabled the debug option on project application setting and received following error. The board not detected , what could be the issue?

pastedImage_0.png

KIT : CYBT-213043-MESH EX_BT

my board detected as,

pastedImage_0.png

I installed jlink drivers ! but not compatible seems.

pastedImage_1.png

Thanks

Ashok r

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Ashok Ra,

You can use the below three debug traces which provide insights while debugging any Mesh-related issues. These flags enable traces in prebuilt Mesh libraries provided by Cypress. However, enabling these debug traces increases the application size and will limit the flash memory size available for user application code.

MESH_MODELS_DEBUG_TRACES: This box, when checked, turns ON debug traces from the Mesh Models Library.

MESH_CORE_DEBUG_TRACES: This box, when checked, turns ON debug traces from the Mesh Core Library.

MESH_PROVISIONER_DEBUG_TRACES: This box, when checked, turns ON debug traces from the Mesh Provisioner Library.

MiniProg3 will be use only with PSoC devices (https://www.cypress.com/file/44091/download ).

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi AsRa_264661,

Could you please go through https://www.cypress.com/file/462726/download  to know about hardware debugging. All the Hardware and software requirements and procedures for hardware debugging is documented here. To do hardware debugging you need a separate piece of HW. Current hardware debug support for CYW207xx and CYW208xx devices requires either a Segger J-Link probe or OpenOCD supported probe.

please check whether you have missed any obvious steps.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

Hi DheerajP_41

I had gone through the document , my doubt was with the kit CYBT-213043-MESH EZ-BT because , we are able to flash the firmware without external debuggers but for debugging why its looking for Jlink? 

Is there way to debug without external debugger?

I did not find proper slot to connect my MiniProg3 also. i have to use separate wire connection with J4.

So suggest me the best way to do.

Thanks

Ashok R

0 Likes

Hi Ashok Ra,

You can use the below three debug traces which provide insights while debugging any Mesh-related issues. These flags enable traces in prebuilt Mesh libraries provided by Cypress. However, enabling these debug traces increases the application size and will limit the flash memory size available for user application code.

MESH_MODELS_DEBUG_TRACES: This box, when checked, turns ON debug traces from the Mesh Models Library.

MESH_CORE_DEBUG_TRACES: This box, when checked, turns ON debug traces from the Mesh Core Library.

MESH_PROVISIONER_DEBUG_TRACES: This box, when checked, turns ON debug traces from the Mesh Provisioner Library.

MiniProg3 will be use only with PSoC devices (https://www.cypress.com/file/44091/download ).

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes

Thanks DheerajP_41

0 Likes

HI DheerajP_41

I tried to debug with Jlink plus, and struck in Section 2.2 , step5 https://www.cypress.com/file/462726/download

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_0.png

Target Device is not selected, any idea?

GDB is avilable in path = C:\msys64\mingw32\bin

Thanks

Ashok r

0 Likes

Hi Ashok Ra,

Are you using CYBT-213043-MESH kit for hardware debugging?

Then please check the wiring connection which you have made between your J-link segger and MeshKit? What all pins you have used for connecting your J-Link segger to the MeshKit?

The configuration done on the DGB server seems to be correct. Can you please follow the updated document WICED-Hardware-Debugging.pdf which you can get from \ModusToolbox_1.1\libraries\bt_sdk-1.1\docs\BT-SDK.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes

HI DheerajP_41

My setup looks like below,

pastedImage_0.png

can you tell me what we need to choose? in target selection scroll view. And if i don't find the relevant chip what should do?

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes

Hi,

Could you please follow the updated document WICED-Hardware-Debugging.pdf which you can get from \ModusToolbox_1.1\libraries\bt_sdk-1.1\docs\BT-SDK.

I have checked the scenario and it is working for me. You can follow below steps. For detailed steps please go through the above document.

1.Plug in the J-Link Segger in to the PC  and connect the Evaluation kit to the J-Link Segger using probe socket (10 pin)

2.Import required application to the modus and enable Debug from 'cahnge application settings'

3.Program the application to the kit with debug.

4.See the modus console for the debugging logs.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes

ok DheerajP_41

I tried and works now! but  why this BUSY_WAIT is required? i just commented it out.

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks

Ashok r

0 Likes