How to configure CX3 mipi receive frame rate

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
chhe_4303246
Level 2
Level 2

Hello:

I am developing with the denebola RDK now.I read the linux ov5640 driver code, and found out the sensor's frame rate can be changed by register 0x3035, 0x3036, 0x3037 precisely.Actually I just decrease the 0x3036 PLL multiple register by quarter to reduce the frame rate from 60fps to 15ps, and change the CyU3PMipicsiCfg_t parameter by Cx3 configuration tool.But unfortunately I don't see any data output at the DMA transaction, instead Just:DMA RESET, from serial output.

pastedImage_0.png

what's the problem with it?

And also, when the denebola is connected to a PC and capturing pictures. I don't see any signal on the PCLK, Hsync, Vsync PINS, which are connected to CX3 Hsync_test..., So how to make this PINs output refrence signal?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Yang, Are you a chinese?Because I am chinese too. So can I just use chinese to communicate with you?

It's OK for you to discuss with us in Chinese.

I think the register I changed is working.And since I don't sign NDA with ominivision, I can't get their help.From 60fps to 15fps, I just changed the 0x3036 PLL multiple register to a quarter, and if I reover this value, the RDK can work regluarly.

I am sorry but I couldn't comment to your modification on register values. I would like to repeat that you need to contact to OmniVision to get a configuration of 15 fps.

At last, also can you answer my last question? How to make the 3 PINS output?Hsync_test,Vsync_test, PCK_test

You could read this blog as a reading material.

基于CX3的UVC摄像头应用学习笔记-三(固件调试-1)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
YangyangC_06
Employee
Employee
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

First and the most important suggestion, please contact to OmniVision FAE to check if you have modify the registers values correctly.

After that, assume that you get a correct configuration, measure the waveforms on MIPI data pins of sensor. Share the waveforms here.

0 Likes

Hello:

Yang, Are you a chinese?Because I am chinese too. So can I just use chinese to communicate with you?

I think the register I changed is working.And since I don't sign NDA with ominivision, I can't get their help.From 60fps to 15fps, I just changed the 0x3036 PLL multiple register to a quarter, and if I reover this value, the RDK can work regluarly.

At last, also can you answer my last question? How to make the 3 PINS output?Hsync_test,Vsync_test, PCK_test

0 Likes

It's OK for you to discuss with us in Chinese.

I am sorry but I couldn't comment to your modification on register values. I would like to repeat that you need to contact to OmniVision to get a configuration of 15 fps.

You could read this blog as a reading material.

基于CX3的UVC摄像头应用学习笔记-三(固件调试-1)

0 Likes

你好:

Yang,先不管Ov5640的寄存器是否工作了,如果需要降低摄像头的帧率,在Cx3这一端是否只需要在CX3 configuration tool里头设置一下帧率就可以了?然后在Cx3 receiver configration生成一下相关的CyU3PMipicsiCfg_t 参数,Cx3的MIPI接口就能以该帧率工作了吗?

0 Likes

你好:

Yang,先不管Ov5640的寄存器是否工作了,如果需要降低摄像头的帧率,在Cx3这一端是否只需要在CX3 configuration tool里头设置一下帧率就可以了?然后在Cx3 receiver configration生成一下相关的CyU3PMipicsiCfg_t 参数,Cx3的MIPI接口就能以该帧率工作了吗?

是的(还需要修改描述符里的配置)。

你可以按照论坛里的blog尝试生成两种 帧率 的固件代码,然后用对比工具对比下,就可以看到哪里发生了变化。

0 Likes

另外

pastedImage_0.png

Pre Divider是干什么用的?没有看到相关的计算公式并且CyU3PMipicsiCfg_t里头没有相关的值

那几个clock是干什么用的?你们的文档里面相关的介绍很少

还有CSI clock是干什么用的,需要怎么设置,我看你们另外一个discussion中有提及,但是没有具体说清楚,麻烦代入相关例子数据计算一下。这个CSI clock和Sensor那边的Pixel clock是什么关系?为什么这里只需要设置一个大于CSI clock Minimum的值就可以了呢?

0 Likes

这些在 CX3TRM 里面都已经详细介绍过了,论坛里就不再重复。

0 Likes

你能否把CSI clock minimum给我计算示范一下呢?

0 Likes

pastedImage_0.png

这个blog在哪里?

0 Likes

在Super speed 的分类里面选择 “内容”

Snipaste_2019-08-02_09-28-49.png

0 Likes