Analog terminal "vdac_ref" on ADC_SAR_SEQ_v2_10 is unconnected

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
ThKr_1302936
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i use the ADC_SAR_SEQ with Input Range 0.0 ± 1.024V (Differential)-Input +-VREF, Build is succesfull but i get following information:

ADD: sdb.M0065: information: Analog terminal "vdac_ref" on ADC_SAR_SEQ_v2_10 is unconnected.

* C:\Users\Tom\Documents\PSoC Creator\4.1\Downloads ( 4.1).cylib\ADC_SAR_SEQ_v2_10\PSoC5\ADC_SAR_SEQ_v2_10.cysch (Signal: vdac_ref)

* C:\Users\Tom\Documents\PSoC Creator\4.1\Downloads ( 4.1).cylib\ADC_SAR_SEQ_v2_10\PSoC5\ADC_SAR_SEQ_v2_10.cysch (Shape_798)

* C:\Users\Tom\Documents\PSoC Creator\4.1\Downloads ( 4.1).cylib\ADC_SAR_SEQ_v2_10\PSoC5\ADC_SAR_SEQ_v2_10.cysch (Shape_885)

Normally i would have expected vref must to be connected.

Now i'm not sure i can ignore this message?

thank you in advance

Thomas

0 Likes
1 Solution
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Thomas,

It is informational only.  I believe you can ignore the message.

If you double-click on any of the informational notes, it will bring up ADC_SAR_SEQ_v2_10.cysch.  It's possible that whoever designed the component didn't perform enough error checking validation.  Hence the unnecessary info notes.

Note:  I've had other issues I have voiced with this component.   An alternate consideration I chose to use is to call the ADC_SAR component and a separate AMux.  This requires that I control the AMux myself.  No prob.  I've got a bit of a 'control' personal issue.

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Thomas,

It is informational only.  I believe you can ignore the message.

If you double-click on any of the informational notes, it will bring up ADC_SAR_SEQ_v2_10.cysch.  It's possible that whoever designed the component didn't perform enough error checking validation.  Hence the unnecessary info notes.

Note:  I've had other issues I have voiced with this component.   An alternate consideration I chose to use is to call the ADC_SAR component and a separate AMux.  This requires that I control the AMux myself.  No prob.  I've got a bit of a 'control' personal issue.

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes

Hi Lan,

thanks. Ok i will ignore this message. In the worst case i can switch back to seperate MUX and ADC, then I do not get this message.

Normally i use the combination with seperate MUX and ADC.

Thomas

0 Likes