How to connect seperate ADC and comparitor inputs on same pin?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
no__3422661
Level 1
Level 1

I have three pins being sampled continuously by an ADC_SAR_Seq so the values are as fresh as possible. I'd like to connect a ScanComp to the same three pins to flag zero crossing events when they occur. Simply connecting the two is not possible it seems. So I am wondering if there is a workaround perhaps using a third component? - would really like to achieve this at the 'hardware' level so everything is as real time as possible (I'm tracking analogue hall sensors embedded in a BLDC motor I'm controlling) - current solution I'm thinking of is to setup extra dummy pins to connect the second component to and then using physical jumper wires but it just seems like such a hack and would like to get it inside the chip.

I'm using a CY8CKIT-059 device in PSOC Creator 4.2

0 Likes
1 Solution
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

no,

Sequencing_SAR uses a  hardware mux, which can only be directly connected to analog pins (because, I beleieve, the muxing is performed inside the pin fabrique, so there is no actual access to the pin connector). So there is no way to add extra wire from Comparator to same pins. Use external jumper.

/odissey1

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

no,

Sequencing_SAR uses a  hardware mux, which can only be directly connected to analog pins (because, I beleieve, the muxing is performed inside the pin fabrique, so there is no actual access to the pin connector). So there is no way to add extra wire from Comparator to same pins. Use external jumper.

/odissey1

0 Likes