Problem with Port Acquiring of CCG3PA and CCG4 for Updating Firmware

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PrRe_3492461
Level 4
Level 4
First like received 50 sign-ins 50 replies posted

Hello Community and  RajathB_01​,

we've bought CCG3PA and CCG4 with part numbers

CCG3PA: CYPD3171-24LQXQ

CCG4: CYPD4126-40LQXI from DIGIKEY website.

I am trying to update Firmware through PSOC Creator 4.2 using Miniprog but Unable to Acquire port. It is giving me a error as shown in picture below.MiniProgError.JPG

What could be the Possibilities for this issue to occur and How can I sort this issue out ?

Thanks & Regards,

Pranay.

0 Likes
3 Replies
RajathB_01
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi Pranay,

Please view this resolved thread, it has a similar issue: CY4532 EZPD (CCG3PA) Debugging using MiniProg3(SWD, 5wire)

Regards,

Rajath

0 Likes

Hi RajathB_01​,

Thanks for the response.

The previous thread which you have mentioned is for CCG3PA EVK board & with that we are able to do firmware update using miniprog3 in EVK board.

But now we are using CYPD3171-24LQXQ & CYPD4126-40LQXI controllers(bought from Digikey) and made our own PCB with that controllers for my application.

In this new board we are unable to acquire the port using Mini Prog3 for firmware update. In this new board we found the above problem.

Please help me to resolve this problem.

Thanks & Regards,

Pranay

0 Likes

Hi Pranay,

If you are doing the SWD settings correct, you should be able to see the CCG3PA/CCG4 device listed under miniprog3 in the 'select debug target' window. Are you able to view that?

Please also share the schematics so that I can review.

Regards,

Rajath

0 Likes