Setup MIPI connection between CX3 and OV2740

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
KoHe_4253006
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to establish a Video stream using the OV2740 and the denebola RDK.

I configured the OV2740 with the RDK via I2C and configured the CSI-Block of the RDK accordingly. For the configuration I used the attached config files from the following old thread: CX3 RAW8 data stream

One of the main problems right now is that there is no MIPI CLK signal.

I already checked if the camera is active and in streaming mode.

Other signals I measured were:

MIPI DAT: some Signal => image attached

PCLK: 80MHz-Clk Signal

HSYNC: no Signal

VSYNC: no Signal

If you need any more information (such as other measurements, config or firmware files etc), I can provide them.

Thank you in advance!

0 Likes
10 Replies
lock attach
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hi,

As there is no MIPI clock signal, it seems that may be the camera is not configured properly. Also, can you share the MIPI receiver configuration screenshot from the CX3 configuration utility.

CX3 Configuration Tool Help available in Cypress EZ-USB Suite (Eclipse) at Help > Help Contents > Cypress EZ-USB Guides > EZ-USB Suite Guide > CX3 Configuration Utility.

Please find the attached screenshot for the reference

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes
lock attach

Hi,

unfortunately, I can't show the receiver configuration in the CX3 configuration utility, because every time I open it, I receive an error.

So, I attached the config file I use here, which i copied from the stated old thread above.

I used the same MIPI settings for the camera, regarding CLKs and packet sizes.

Kind Regards,

Kolja

0 Likes
lock attach

Hi,

What is the error that you are getting while opening the CX3 Configuration utility? Let us know.

The configuration file you have shared shows that the fifo delay time is not within the range. It can be solved  by increasing Fifo delay  to 250 bytes.(Refer the attachment)

- The PHY delay value should be set by calling CyU3PMipicsiSetPhyTimeDelay ( uint8_t tdTerm, uint8_t thsSettleDelay ) and passing the second parameter ( i.e uint8_t thsSettleDelay) as per the value seen in right bottom corner of the MIPI Receiver Configuration(Please refer the attachment). Also refer the FX3APIguide for details

- This function should be not be called while the MIPI-CSI PLL clocks are active. Either call after calling CyU3PMipicsiSetIntfParams() with wakeOnConfigure set to False (before calling CyU3PMipicsiWakeup() ),

Also, the data format is RAW8 in the config file but the OV2740 supports RAW10 output data format.

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes
lock attach

Hi,

I attached the error message (Image) and the error log, which occurs when opening the config file.

This also happens with the new fifo delay value (250).

I chose the data format RAW8 only because of the above stated thread. I didn't try switching to RAW10 yet, because most of the other values have to be adjusted accordingly. Therefore, I set the data format also in the camera settings to 8 bit.

I call the function "CyU3PMipicsiSetPhyTimeDelay (0,9)" right after the "CyU3PMipicsiSetIntfParams(&null_RAW8_1080P, CyFalse)" function call.

Again, I got the value for the function (thsSettleDelay = 9) from the stated thread, because I couldn't see the calculations in the CX3 configuration utility.

Thanks and regards,

Kolja

0 Likes

Hi,

From the error logs it seems there is some problem with the plugins. Let me know which SDK version are you working on

Can you share your project file to get better clarity on the problem

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes
lock attach

Hi,

sure, no problem: I use the SDK Version 1.3.4.

You find the project files attached.

Kind Regards,

Kolja

0 Likes

Hi,

For the CX3 Configuration Utility error,  can you re install the SDK 1.3.4

The projects file you shared are not helpful. Can you share the files related to your project (for eg cycx3_uvc.c) i.e the  .c , .h files

You don't need to share the sensor.c & sensor.h files

Regards

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes
lock attach

Hi,

Reinstalling did not fix the problem, unfortunately.

Sure, I put them in the attachment.

Kind Regards,

Kolja

0 Likes

Hi Kolja,

CX3 Configuration Utility is expected to work after re installing the SDK. Can you check it in some other PC. As you said there is no MIPI clock signal (CSI clock), it seems that there is some problem with the sensor settings.

Can you please check the sensor settings again.

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

Hi Kolja,

>> Is it possible that the clock signal is correct and it is only not visible for me? (I am using a 2GS/s 200MHz oscilloscope)

Yes this is possible. It seems that this is a hardware limitation(oscilloscope).

Can you probe HSYNC and VYNC and share the traces. You can refer Q10 of this KBACX3 Hardware: Frequently Asked Questions - KBA91295 . Also get the debug logs for MIPI errors.

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes