[CYW43907] About I2C Slave function

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
YoJa_3107936
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
100 sign-ins 50 sign-ins First like given

Hi

The customer is trying to use the I2C feature,

but I can not find the I2C slave feature. Is that feature available?

Datasheet Link:

https://www.cypress.com/file/298236/download

Excerpt from datasheet:

-----------------------------------------------------------

Cypress Serial Control is an I2C compatible Interface.

5.3 CSC

The CYW43907 has two CSC2 master interfaces for external communication with codecs, DACs, NVRAM, etc. The I/O pads can be

configured as pull-ups or it can be installed on the reference design to support a multimaster on an open drain bus.

The I2C0 CSC Master Interface can support repeated start, however it does not support clock stretching. The I2C1 CSC Master

Interface does not support repeated start or clock stretching. The CSC Master can support a maximum clock frequency of 400kHz.

If clock stretching is required a bit banging driver is recommended. Cypress's WICED® SDK provides and example of such a bit

banging I2C driver. Note that only I2C0 mentioned in Table 10 is multiplexed with GPIOs and supports bit banging. I2C1 is not

multiplexed with GPIOs and therefore cannot support bit banging.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Thanks

Yang

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Yang:

Actually,  43907 is designed as host mcu + wifi mode,  so I2C slave mode is not the design as default  reasonably.

If  customer wants to use 43907 as a device mode totally ,  suggest to use the interface like SPI which has slave function.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Zhengbao_Zhang
250 sign-ins First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

Hi :

From the spec, We support CSC/I2C master mode,  no mention that we can support slave mode.

The CYW43907 has two Cypress Serial Control (CSC2) master interfaces for external communication with codecs, DACs, NVRAM,

etc. The I/O pads can be configured as pull-ups or pull-ups can be installed on the reference design to support a multimaster on an

open drain bus.

0 Likes
YoJa_3107936
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
100 sign-ins 50 sign-ins First like given

Hi

Thank you for your supporting.

We already know that 43907 can support a multimaster by your DataSheet.

But customer wants to use the host CPU (ARM) to control 43907 by I2C.

Then host CPU's side is master, and 43907's side is slave.

If they have not slave function, how to control 43907 by I2C?

When they want to use the I2C, did you have some good suggest?

Thanks

Yang

0 Likes

Hello Yang:

Actually,  43907 is designed as host mcu + wifi mode,  so I2C slave mode is not the design as default  reasonably.

If  customer wants to use 43907 as a device mode totally ,  suggest to use the interface like SPI which has slave function.