GDB issues trying to Debug with Windows

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm trying to run the debugger from Eclipse on a board, running SDK 3.3.1 under Windows 7 64 bit.

After the build this appears:

warning: File "F:\projects\WICED\SDK\WICED-SDK-3.3.1\WICED-SDK\.gdbinit" auto-loading has been declined by your `auto-load safe-path' set to "$debugdir:$datadir/auto-load".

To enable execution of this file add  add-auto-load-safe-path F:\projects\WICED\SDK\WICED-SDK-3.3.1\WICED-SDK\.gdbinit

line to your configuration file "$HOME/.gdbinit".

To completely disable this security protection add   set auto-load safe-path /  line to your configuration file "$HOME/.gdbinit".

For more information about this security protection see the "Auto-loading safe path" section in the GDB manual.  E.g., run from the shell:  info "(gdb)Auto-loading safe path"

.gdbinit_attach:1: Error in sourced command file:

localhost:3333: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

From here I have to manually kill gdb to recover.

I've searched a lot and tried to set the auto-load safe-path from a command line gdb session, but that doesn't apply to any other session.

Download works fine, and OpenOCD seems all happy.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Please refer to the WICED Quick Start Guide in the WICED docs section for instructions on using the debugger. The debug build statement needs to be written correctly to avoid such errors.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Isn't anyone using the debugger on Windows?

Very painful and slow having to do all debug via printfs.

WICED would be a much better platform if it supported decent industry standard dev tools, like Keil MDK-ARM.

Linux's trivial market share shouldn't compromise the experience of the vast majority.

0 Likes

Did you get an answer for this. I see the same issue. I followed all the other post https://community.cypress.com/thread/1715?q=gdb%20on%20windows  etc but nothing helped.

Here is the error when i select debug target

Creating Filesystem Done

GNU gdb (GDB) 7.7

Copyright (C) 2014 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>

This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.

There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"

and "show warranty" for details.

This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-mingw32 --target=arm-none-eabi".

Type "show configuration" for configuration details.

For bug reporting instructions, please see:

<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/>.

Find the GDB manual and other documentation resources online at:

<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/documentation/>.

For help, type "help".

Type "apropos word" to search for commands related to "word"...

Reading symbols from build/puma.puma_wifi_sta_app-BCM943907AEVAL1F/binary/puma.puma_wifi_sta_app-BCM943907AEVAL1F.elf...done.

warning: File "C:\workspace\puma-cypress\WICED\WICED-Studio-4.1\43xxx_Wi-Fi\.gdbinit" auto-loading has been declined by your `auto-load safe-path' set to "$debugdir:$datadir/auto-load".

To enable execution of this file add

add-auto-load-safe-path C:\workspace\puma-cypress\WICED\WICED-Studio-4.1\43xxx_Wi-Fi\.gdbinit

To completely disable this security protection add

set auto-load safe-path /

For more information about this security protection see the

"Auto-loading safe path" section in the GDB manual.  E.g., run from the shell:

info "(gdb)Auto-loading safe path"

.gdbinit_attach:1: Error in sourced command file:

(gdb) quit

Remote communication error.  Target disconnected.: No error.

Build complete

Making .gdbinit

0 Likes

Please refer to the WICED Quick Start Guide in the WICED docs section for instructions on using the debugger. The debug build statement needs to be written correctly to avoid such errors.