Why I can't downalod FW with client control tool

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
YaTr_3516311
Level 5
Level 5
25 sign-ins First solution authored 100 replies posted

Hi,

I'm using client control tool to test dowanlod FW function. But it always fail. I think device have enter the downalod mode and use WICED-Studio tool is OK for downaloding. Why?

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi YaTr_3516311​,

Reset/recover the device, Select HCI COM port in ClientControl, Try turning Flow control OFF/ON and click on Open Port. Then choose correct HCD file of the application and click Download. You should be able to program your board.

If still this is giving too much trouble, WICED SDK is always a reliable way.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi YaTr_3516311​,

Reset/recover the device, Select HCI COM port in ClientControl, Try turning Flow control OFF/ON and click on Open Port. Then choose correct HCD file of the application and click Download. You should be able to program your board.

If still this is giving too much trouble, WICED SDK is always a reliable way.

Hi,

I cant try to "Try turning Flow control ON", when turn on, then click download button. The tool crashed(If flow control off, no crash at least). Because I want to upgrading module embeded on my device, I've tried WICED-Studio tool, it never success. But use client control, it success one time.

0 Likes