CYPD3177 questions

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jaxi_4346491
Level 1
Level 1

I am evaluating the CYPD3177 for the intelligent lamp application. The power rating is 24W. The first best input is 12V2A and the second best input is 9V2.67A. However, there is only one current option can be set through the IC resistors network. How can I select 2A when the voltage is 12V and 2.67A when the input is 9V?

One more question, can the part support the PPS?

Many thanks for help.

Regards,

James

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi James,

1. The other way is change the sink PDO of BCR, by default, the max voltage and max current is filled as per external resistors. For your case, you can select 12V and 3A for this. And then the BCR will be initial 5V/3A, 9V/3A, and 12V/3A as request sink. This is can cover all of your cases.

If you want control the PDO with 12V/2A and 9V/2.67A, you can change the SINK PDO with I2C. Please kindly notice that the BCR HPI is discover under NDA. You have to contact local FAE to get this documentation under NDA.

2. This part is not support PPS currently.

Best Regards,

Lisa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi James,

1. The other way is change the sink PDO of BCR, by default, the max voltage and max current is filled as per external resistors. For your case, you can select 12V and 3A for this. And then the BCR will be initial 5V/3A, 9V/3A, and 12V/3A as request sink. This is can cover all of your cases.

If you want control the PDO with 12V/2A and 9V/2.67A, you can change the SINK PDO with I2C. Please kindly notice that the BCR HPI is discover under NDA. You have to contact local FAE to get this documentation under NDA.

2. This part is not support PPS currently.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes

Thanks a lot, Lisa. If I select 12V and 3A for BCR. And then the BCR will be initial 5V/3A, 9V/3A, and 12V/3A as request sink. Then if I use  if I use 24W PD (5V3A,9V2.67A, 12V2A). The BCR can only be charged by 5V. It is not what I expect.

BR/

James

0 Likes