CYW20735 hardware timer issue

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mawu_4270096
Level 5
Level 5
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

Hi:

I  have read the  CYW20735 reference document: 002-14881_CYW20735B1_Single-Chip_Bluetooth_Transceiver_for_Wireless_Input_Devices.pdf

but  I  don't find  about  the  hardware timer of  CWY20735 .the document only introduce the clock source  choice of the timer, who can provide me some docunments about  hardware timer introduction

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi mawu_4270096​,

WICED_TIMER_INSTANCE_SIZE_IN_WORDS   14

doesn't mean that you can use upto 14 software timers. As given in comments, number of timers depends on the memory available to the application to define the timers. Adding more number of timers will increase your CPU usage and application memory will be used.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
mawu_4270096
Level 5
Level 5

I think if some application which are drived  by the timer will be delayed  when the system have many tasks to perform.

the better way to solve this problem is to start a additional hardware timer that is configured as interrupt mode.

0 Likes
mawu_4270096
Level 5
Level 5

I  have read the wiced_timer.h in  the wiced studio SDK, below is a snip of the wiced_timer.h:

/**
* Defines the  wiced timer instance size
*/
#define WICED_TIMER_INSTANCE_SIZE_IN_WORDS      14

/*
* Defines the wiced timer structure. Application has to define the timers that it
* requires. Timer module doesn't use any dynamic memory and the number of timers
* depends on the memory available to the application to define the timers
*/
typedef struct
{
    uint32_t reserved[WICED_TIMER_INSTANCE_SIZE_IN_WORDS];
}wiced_timer_t;

if we can use up to 14  software timers,and if the every software timer is managered by the it  own thread or process?

0 Likes

Hi mawu_4270096​,

WICED_TIMER_INSTANCE_SIZE_IN_WORDS   14

doesn't mean that you can use upto 14 software timers. As given in comments, number of timers depends on the memory available to the application to define the timers. Adding more number of timers will increase your CPU usage and application memory will be used.

0 Likes
mawu_4270096
Level 5
Level 5

thank you. I have understood

0 Likes