CYW20819 with HFP

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Leo_liu1
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

Hi,

I want to confirm A2DP source,HFP and BLE function,in the code example from modustoolbox,i can only find watch demo which support A2DP source .So if 20819 support HFP and how can i get this demo?

Can i port hello_sensor and hci_audio_gateway to support BLE and HFP from WICED Studio?

Thanks.

BR,

Leo

0 Likes
1 Solution
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi Leo,

Yes you can port hello_sensor to support CYW20819. However, HFP is not supported by CYW20819, you can port hci_audio_gateway which supports Handsfree Audio Gateway.

This should be helpful to you: GitHub - cypresssemiconductorco/CypressAcademy_WBT101_Files: Files for WICED Bluetooth 101 class

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
SheetalJ

Hi Leo,

Yes you can port hello_sensor to support CYW20819. However, HFP is not supported by CYW20819, you can port hci_audio_gateway which supports Handsfree Audio Gateway.

This should be helpful to you: GitHub - cypresssemiconductorco/CypressAcademy_WBT101_Files: Files for WICED Bluetooth 101 class

0 Likes

OK,thanks.

Can i use CYW20721 to confirm HFP ,A2DP source and BLE? I find headset demo  supports HFP and watch demo supports A2DP source,can i port headset to watch demo ?

Best Regards,

Leo

0 Likes
SheetalJ

I am confused, how can you port headset demo to watch demo? Both are different applications.

Yes HFP and A2DP source is supported in CYW20721. Please contact your local Cypress team for more support on this chip.

0 Likes

What are the limitations of the hci_audio_gateway for the CYW20819? Is it able to initiate a call through a bluetooth connection? I looked at the previous link shared, however, there is not a lot of information in terms of readme/comments or even directory structure. Specifically what should be looked at in order to make use of the hci_audio_gateway?

It seems that there is a lot of boilerplate code which is difficult to sift through in the event of needing limited operations. Perhaps a higher level API could be considered where applications needed limited control. -- just a suggestion

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Likes