Curious about differences between S26KL512S vs S26HL512S

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RoYo_979511
Level 1
Level 1

The S26KL is a HyperBus product family, the S26HL512S is Semper HyperBus family.  Curious about the differences between these.

The data sheet for S26KL512S seems much better (clearer etc) than S26HL512S datasheet.  Specifically with respect to Hyper Bus transaction timing diagrams.

And details on Read/Write Latency.  I'm digging through the documentation for Semper and just trying to understand evolution of the product and documentation.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Ross,

Please refer to Semper Access Program Community for AN223680 which provides guidelines for migration from Cypress’ 65-nm KL/S-S HyperFlash™ product family to Cypress’ 45-nm HL/S-T Semper™ Flash product family. It describes the similarities and the differences to facilitate a seamless conversion.

MPN and speed grade definition can be found under Ordering Information section of particular datasheet.

Thank you and have a nice day

Regards,

Bushra

View solution in original post

3 Replies
BushraH_91
750 replies posted 50 likes received 250 solutions authored

Hello Ross,

Can you please verify if S26HL512S is correct MPN? Did you join our Semper access program (https://www.cypress.com/semper-eap-form) to get the latest Semper documents?

Thank you

Regards,

Bushra

0 Likes

Yes I have joined the access program.

I was just taking the MPN off the top of the documents:

Sooo if the numbers on the top of the document are not "MPN" (Manufacturer Part Numbers)... then whatever those numbers are... the two documents do a significantly different quality job of discussing HYPER BUS transactions with respect to the DUTS.  I only had the Preliminary document and was fighting to understand Table 128 in the SEMPER doc.  The apparently older more mature docs were helpful.  Was just trying to understand differences.  Turns out the older part is slower speed ~333Mbit and Semper is ~400Mbit, there may be other significant differences.

Document Number: 001-99198 Rev. *M  -- Good discussion of Hyper Bus transactions etc

pastedImage_0.png

Document Number 002-12337 Rev N.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes

Hello Ross,

Please refer to Semper Access Program Community for AN223680 which provides guidelines for migration from Cypress’ 65-nm KL/S-S HyperFlash™ product family to Cypress’ 45-nm HL/S-T Semper™ Flash product family. It describes the similarities and the differences to facilitate a seamless conversion.

MPN and speed grade definition can be found under Ordering Information section of particular datasheet.

Thank you and have a nice day

Regards,

Bushra