Wake up trigger on sleep/deep sleep from WLAN firmware

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
HIUR_3769846
Level 3
Level 3
First like given Welcome!

Regarding the document (Doc. No.: 002-20894 Rev. WICED™ Development Power Save System), WLAN firmware can wake up the application processor if it needs to communicate shown in 2.3.3. I would like to wake up from another device such as laptops, how can I wake up WLAN. Do I need to send specific message via WLAN?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Assuming that the radio(cypress device as a STA i.e., station) has associated to an AP and goes to deep sleep after that.

The radio wakes up when the AP has frames buffered for it. Please refer the section 1.3 for the details of the communication between AP and STA.

Do you want to replicate the functioning of AP in your laptop and send the messages from your laptop(acting as an AP) to the Cypress radio?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
PriyaM_16
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hello,

Can you please clarify the below:

- I would like to wake up from another device such as laptops, how can I wake up WLAN

>> Does this mean you want to wake up the radio? or the application processor?

0 Likes

Sorry to confuse you. I want to control  wake up timing of cypress from PC. I assume wake up timing can be triggered by WLAN message.

However, I don't understand which type of message can control wake up timing of cypress.

0 Likes

Assuming that the radio(cypress device as a STA i.e., station) has associated to an AP and goes to deep sleep after that.

The radio wakes up when the AP has frames buffered for it. Please refer the section 1.3 for the details of the communication between AP and STA.

Do you want to replicate the functioning of AP in your laptop and send the messages from your laptop(acting as an AP) to the Cypress radio?

0 Likes