PSoC 4 and ModusToolbox?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaKo_463136
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received 10 likes given 5 likes given

Hello,

When can we expect PSoC 4 support in ModusToolbox? I miss a lot of features in PSoC Creator and I have already heard promises on trade shows two years ago. Is there a target date? I am considering migrating existing code and new development on other MCUs.

Thank you,

David

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello David,

Currently, PSoC4 is not supported in ModusToolbox and will remain this way atleast until the near future. We are evaluating various options of how the support for PSoC 4 in the future should look like and if migrating to ModusToolbox makes sense and adds value, we will definitely do that.

But at this point, there is no target date. We understand your concern and thank you for your interest in Cypress Products. Will update the thread if anything comes up!

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
DheerajK_81

Hello David,

Currently, PSoC4 is not supported in ModusToolbox and will remain this way atleast until the near future. We are evaluating various options of how the support for PSoC 4 in the future should look like and if migrating to ModusToolbox makes sense and adds value, we will definitely do that.

But at this point, there is no target date. We understand your concern and thank you for your interest in Cypress Products. Will update the thread if anything comes up!

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes
DheerajK_81

Hello David,

Update: PSoC4 support in ModusToolbox is planned. Support for PSoC4000 and PSoC4100 family series is planned, beginning in early 2020. However, please note that there is no plan to support UDB configuration and hence the support will be partial.

Regards,

Dheeraj