How to transmit numbers through BLE from an iOS device to the PSoC 4 BLE board?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AnCo_2736831
Level 4
Level 4
25 likes received 10 likes received 10 likes given

Hi,

By following Lessons 1-7 of these tutorials (https://www.cypress.com/training/how-make-ios-app-control-robot-using-bluetooth-low-energy-ble), I made a PSoC 4 BLE program that turns on/off an LED light by a switch on an iOS device. (GitHub - cypresssemiconductorco/bleapp​).

However, instead of just using a switch to control when the LED turns on/off, I want to control the number of times the LED blinks. To do this, I plan on entering a number on the iOS device, and this number will be transmitted to the PSoC device and would dictate how many times the LED blinks.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,

Andrew

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

You can create a custom service for the write to LED blinks number. The code of PSoC 4 BLE attached in the following thread should be a good reference for you - PSoC 6 BLE in 2 roles write to peer issue

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

You can create a custom service for the write to LED blinks number. The code of PSoC 4 BLE attached in the following thread should be a good reference for you - PSoC 6 BLE in 2 roles write to peer issue

Thank you so much for your help!

0 Likes