Confusion about Reading/Writing to PSoC using CY3214-PSoCEvalUSB PSoC CapSensePLUS with CY3217-MiniProg1

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JoHi_4345091
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CY8C24794-24LFXI chip that I plan on reading and writing a program to, and it's not clear to me on how to accomplish that based on what seen from the Cypress product line/

As I understand it, the CY3217-MiniProg1 interfaces with my PC, and it is plugged into a 4 pin header on the CY3214-PSoCEvalUSB PSoC CapSensePLUS. From there I should be able to use the provided software to interface with a CY8C24794-24LFXI PSoC.

What I don't understand is how I connect the PSoC to the development/prototyping board. From the screenshot here, it looks as though there is a PSoC soldered directly onto the development board. What I need to be able to do is to connect a CY8C24794-24LFXI to the MiniProg1, write or read it's data, then disconnect and solder to my PCB. How can I accomplish this? Is there a socket or breakout board I need to use? Is there a socket on the development board I don't know about? I honestly won't need a full prototyping or development kit, I really just need a way to read and write to the chip.

I'd appreciate any insight into how to use these tools, thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

In case you want to program, or read flash from CY8C24794-24LFXI , you will need a third party programmer. Alternatively, you can build a board with a Zero Insertion Force Socket and connections to MiniProg1 via a 5-pin connector, and use this to program or read flash before finally soldering the device into the end product.

Best regards,

Sampath

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

In case you want to program, or read flash from CY8C24794-24LFXI , you will need a third party programmer. Alternatively, you can build a board with a Zero Insertion Force Socket and connections to MiniProg1 via a 5-pin connector, and use this to program or read flash before finally soldering the device into the end product.

Best regards,

Sampath

0 Likes