how to use the ClientControlMesh.exe to develop the bluetooth mesh

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mawu_4270096
Level 5
Level 5
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

Hi :

I want to know if there is any document to describe how to use ClientControlMesh.exe ,I find the ClientControlMesh.exe is very helpful  to develop the bluetooth mesh

thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi mawu_4270096,

I assume you want detailed steps to send vendor specific messages to a vendor model app. The steps are exactly same as above, but instead of SIG model you will have to use Vendor model. I believe we have discussed it in how to use the ClientControlMesh.exe to send the customer message to the server .

We have a snip app called mesh_vendor_specific_app which customer can use to develop vendor specific models. you can customize the app and add your own logic on it. Also all the source code of MeshClientControl application and other helper applications are also available along with the release, so that you can do modification on the Clientside as well.

Since you are interested in scene and vendor specific models, here is the steps you can follow to do below operations.

• provision a vendor specific app.
  • Send vendor specific messages.
  • Send scene model messages.

Please follow below steps:

1. Download mesh_provision_client  and mesh_vendor_specific_app on two devices. (make sure you enable scene_client model for mesh_provision_client from 'change application settings')
  2. Open COM port of mesh_provision_client device in LightControl tab of MeshClientControl, And provision mesh_vendor_specific_app.
  3. Select the provisioned device from the drop down list and type vendor specific message in 'Vendor Data' and SET it. Observe the ClientControl log as well as device side serial log.
  4. Now, note down the address allocated to mesh_vendor_specific_app device (Eg: 0002).
  5. Goto ClientControl directory (.\components\BT-SDK\common\apps\snip\mesh\ClientControl\Release) and open Network.JSON. And note down the appKeys generated.
  6. Select model tab on MeshClientControl and use appropriate destination address and app_key_index. (For GET messages you have to use Generic appKey index and for SET messages you have to use Setup appKey index.)
  7. Select Scene from the drop down menu and then use Scene commands (Store, recall, delete,...) to do operations.

Please let me know if you have any doubts or concerns.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi mawu_4270096,

The ClientControlMesh application implements only the application layer. It uses the Mesh Models and Mesh Core libraries residing on an embedded device, requiring a Cypress device (Mesh or other evaluation board) connected to the PC to act as a Client for Mesh operations.

The source code for this application is in \common\apps\snip\mesh\ClientControl and the interface is documented.

Please use Helper application guide: MeshClient and ClientControlMesh App User Guide if you have any doubt in the usage of MeshClient or MeshClientControl.

I believe, we have discussed it in details regarding it in how to realise the bluetooth mesh scene and if there is any document to make a detailed introduct... .

Copying the same steps below:

Please follow below steps to use clientcontrolmesh:

1. Download mesh_provision_client  and mesh_onoff_server (you can use any other server app which has scene server model defined) on two devices. (make sure you enable scene_client model for mesh_provision_client by selecting 'change application settings')
  2. Open ClientControl - Light Control tab and open COM port of the mesh_provision_client device. And then, provision mesh_onoff_server device.
  3. Note down the address allocated to mesh_onoff_server device (Eg: 0002).
  4. Goto ClientControl directory (.\components\BT-SDK\common\apps\snip\mesh\ClientControl\Release) and open Network.JSON. And check the appKeys generated.
  5. Select model tab on MeshClientControl and use appropriate destination address and app_key_index. (For GET messages you have to use Generic appKey index and for SET messages you have to use Setup appKey index.)
  6. Select Scene from the drop down menu and then use Scene commands (Store, recall, delete,...) to do operations.

Please let me know if you see any queries.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes
mawu_4270096
Level 5
Level 5

Hi DheerajP_41 :

I am sorry for no respond in time.  what you said is how to send the message to the SIG model  by the ClientControlMesh.exe.

if I can send the cumstomer model by the ClientControlMesh.exe and you can tell me the detail steps!

thanks!

0 Likes

Hi mawu_4270096,

I assume you want detailed steps to send vendor specific messages to a vendor model app. The steps are exactly same as above, but instead of SIG model you will have to use Vendor model. I believe we have discussed it in how to use the ClientControlMesh.exe to send the customer message to the server .

We have a snip app called mesh_vendor_specific_app which customer can use to develop vendor specific models. you can customize the app and add your own logic on it. Also all the source code of MeshClientControl application and other helper applications are also available along with the release, so that you can do modification on the Clientside as well.

Since you are interested in scene and vendor specific models, here is the steps you can follow to do below operations.

• provision a vendor specific app.
  • Send vendor specific messages.
  • Send scene model messages.

Please follow below steps:

1. Download mesh_provision_client  and mesh_vendor_specific_app on two devices. (make sure you enable scene_client model for mesh_provision_client from 'change application settings')
  2. Open COM port of mesh_provision_client device in LightControl tab of MeshClientControl, And provision mesh_vendor_specific_app.
  3. Select the provisioned device from the drop down list and type vendor specific message in 'Vendor Data' and SET it. Observe the ClientControl log as well as device side serial log.
  4. Now, note down the address allocated to mesh_vendor_specific_app device (Eg: 0002).
  5. Goto ClientControl directory (.\components\BT-SDK\common\apps\snip\mesh\ClientControl\Release) and open Network.JSON. And note down the appKeys generated.
  6. Select model tab on MeshClientControl and use appropriate destination address and app_key_index. (For GET messages you have to use Generic appKey index and for SET messages you have to use Setup appKey index.)
  7. Select Scene from the drop down menu and then use Scene commands (Store, recall, delete,...) to do operations.

Please let me know if you have any doubts or concerns.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

mawu_4270096
Level 5
Level 5

thank you, I have a try

0 Likes