CYPD3125 Hardware Configuration

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SrM_4071611
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Hello Team,

How to program CYPD3125 Type-C EZ-PD. Either Via I2C lines or CC lines.

Kindly look into my previous discussion because I can't able reply to that discussion. So I created a @new discussion here.

We tested CYPD3125 evaluation board for the application charging and data transmission( Samsung Type C TAB). And successfully our requirement full filled.

Link: LAVASync™ 1U-OEM – LavaComputers

Later we customized the evaluation board CYPD3125 exactly, the charging not happening with our customized board. And we replaced the evaluation board components to our customized board it's working quite good.

How we can charge our customized board. Need to configure CYPD3125? If yes, Kindly suggest the possible ways to data transmission and charging.

Our application is used charge and data transmission. Attached Schematics for your reference.

Later got reply form cypress team (LisaZ_26) as

As per your description "And we replaced the evaluation board components to our customized board it's working quite good.", may I understanding the device CYPD3125 on CY4531 can working well on your board, but the all new CYPD3125 can not work at all? If my understanding is correct, the next step you need do is program the firmware of CY4531 into the device on your board.

The firmware project of CY4531 can be get it from the link: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-pd-host-software-development-kit

After you install the SDK, you could new project with example project CYPD3125-40LQXI_notebook and build it. You will get HEX files of the project.

If you just want to confirm whether the HEX file could process this issue, attached HEX file for your testing.

Kindly suggest hardware setup to program CYPD3125.

Reagrds

Srini

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi Srini,

1. May I know what you have been seen on your end when you cannot reply the previous threads (CYPD3125 )? Could you please screen shot to us to let us investigate the root cause of this?

2. CYPD3125 support 2 programming  ways:

One: SWD with HEX file. This need wire VDDD,GND, XRES, SWD_CLK, SWD_DATA out. And then, it connect to miniProg3 . The software is PSoC Programmer. You could refer the link to get details information: (Programming EZ-PD™ CCG2, EZ-PD™ CCG3 and EZ-PD™ CCG4 Using PSoC® Programmer and MiniProg3 - KBA96477 ).

The other, I2C bootloader with CYACD file, The concerned pin is

pastedImage_2.png

And you need a USB to serial chip (for example, CY7C65215 as CY4531 board). The software is Ez-PD configuration Utility. You could refer Ez-PD configuration Utility User Guide to see the details steps for firmware upgrade. (http://www.cypress.com/file/183686/download ).

Best Regards,

Lisa

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi Srini,

1. May I know what you have been seen on your end when you cannot reply the previous threads (CYPD3125 )? Could you please screen shot to us to let us investigate the root cause of this?

2. CYPD3125 support 2 programming  ways:

One: SWD with HEX file. This need wire VDDD,GND, XRES, SWD_CLK, SWD_DATA out. And then, it connect to miniProg3 . The software is PSoC Programmer. You could refer the link to get details information: (Programming EZ-PD™ CCG2, EZ-PD™ CCG3 and EZ-PD™ CCG4 Using PSoC® Programmer and MiniProg3 - KBA96477 ).

The other, I2C bootloader with CYACD file, The concerned pin is

pastedImage_2.png

And you need a USB to serial chip (for example, CY7C65215 as CY4531 board). The software is Ez-PD configuration Utility. You could refer Ez-PD configuration Utility User Guide to see the details steps for firmware upgrade. (http://www.cypress.com/file/183686/download ).

Best Regards,

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for your quick reply.

1. May I know what you have been seen on your end when you cannot reply the previous threads (CYPD3125 )? Could you please screenshot to us to let us investigate the root cause of this?

In the previous discussion, I have seen only the action icon.

pastedImage_1.png

Remaining things can't able to see. ( Like, Helpful.... etc). So I created a new thread.

Regards

Srini

0 Likes

Hi Srini,

Thank you so much for coming back with details. Let's support you in this threads if your have further questions about CYPD3125 Hardware Configuration.

Best Regards,

Lisa

Hello Lisa,

As per your suggestion, used Miniprog3 for programming via SWD interface and programming also succeed.

But Across VBUS getting milli volts only and even mosfet's are also not enabled, across VBUS_P_CTRL0/1 getting milli volts.

The MOSFET's are N-Type MOSFET.

Programmed CYPD3125-40LQXI_notebook firmware. Kindly advise to overcome this problem.

Regards,

Srini

0 Likes

Hi Srini,

Let's tracking new question in the threads CYPD3125 Firmware programming 

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes