DAC9 Specification

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
masu_1341616
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - TED (Japan)
10 solutions authored 10 likes received 25 sign-ins

I have a question about PSoC1 Setting. 

If I choose SC ON/ Ref Low on Global Resources and DAC9_FULLPOWER on DAC9_start,

POWER.png

DAC9_Start.JPG

Which power spec(Low/Med/High Power) is correct about "fclock Analog Column Clock" and "Operating Current".

Spec.JPG

Please explain us about how to choose it.

0 Likes
1 Solution
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

If the power is at low power setting, then the analog column clock can range from 8kHz to 500kHz. For medium power it can range from 4kHz to 2MHz. For high power it can range from 4kHz to 3.2MHz.

As you can see, there is considerable overlap. For a given analog column frequency, choose the lowest power setting which can accommodate this frequency.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

If the power is at low power setting, then the analog column clock can range from 8kHz to 500kHz. For medium power it can range from 4kHz to 2MHz. For high power it can range from 4kHz to 3.2MHz.

As you can see, there is considerable overlap. For a given analog column frequency, choose the lowest power setting which can accommodate this frequency.

0 Likes
masu_1341616
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - TED (Japan)
10 solutions authored 10 likes received 25 sign-ins

Thank you for your answer and Please check my understanding.

If we use over 2M clock for DAC, We have to set "High power".

- Set SC ON/ Ref High on Global Resources and DAC9_FULLPOWER on DAC9_start.

Is it correct? 

0 Likes

If we use over 2M clock for DAC, We have to set "High power".

- Set SC ON/ Ref High on Global Resources and DAC9_FULLPOWER on DAC9_start.

It is correct.

To use more than 2MHz clock for DAC9, you will have to use High Power. Since, DAC9 is set to high power, we will have to use SC ON/Ref High for high reference power.