How to deal with LIN?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Leo_liu1
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

Hi all,

I find code example "P4_SCB_LIN_Slave_Example" which used device CY8C4245AXI-483,now I change device to CY8C4146PVS-S432 through Device selector.But it remind me error:Pin guidance unavailable: Resource limit: Maximum number of Macrocells exceeded (max=0, needed=1).

So I create an empty project and port those code,then build this project,it works.I want to transport proximity sensor state(0 or 1) through LIN,but I don't know if it's right,please help me to check it,thanks.

My project attached.

Best Regards,

Leo

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ashish
25 likes received 50 solutions authored 100 replies posted

Hi Leo,

You can definitely use LIN to transport proximity sensor state.

The code example you mentioned uses UDB block to connect NSLP pin to logic 1 ( in order to make it high). Some LIN transceiver devices also have an "enable" or "sleep" input signal that is used to control the operational state of the device, so this NSLP pin is used. But CY8C4146PVS-S432 does not have UDB, so you are getting the error. To remove the error, just delete the Logic 1 component, and in configuration of the NSLP pin, disable the hardware connect and make initial drive state "High".

In the project, you have removed the NSLP pin, so it may/may not work depending upon the LIN trans-receiver/shield kit. So it would be better not to remove the pin, but instead remove "logic 1" component as I have explained, and drive it to High state.

Regards,

Ashish

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Ashish
25 likes received 50 solutions authored 100 replies posted

Hi Leo,

You can definitely use LIN to transport proximity sensor state.

The code example you mentioned uses UDB block to connect NSLP pin to logic 1 ( in order to make it high). Some LIN transceiver devices also have an "enable" or "sleep" input signal that is used to control the operational state of the device, so this NSLP pin is used. But CY8C4146PVS-S432 does not have UDB, so you are getting the error. To remove the error, just delete the Logic 1 component, and in configuration of the NSLP pin, disable the hardware connect and make initial drive state "High".

In the project, you have removed the NSLP pin, so it may/may not work depending upon the LIN trans-receiver/shield kit. So it would be better not to remove the pin, but instead remove "logic 1" component as I have explained, and drive it to High state.

Regards,

Ashish

0 Likes