Reinstalling SDK problem (No examples, drivers, headers, makefiles etc are showing up)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I had made some chances to an example which i wanted to reverse. The easiest thing i taught would be to reinstall the SDK and everything be back to new.

Since reinstalling, when i opened the SDK everything is empty. I have no drivers, header files, makefiles, examples etc, The application is empty.

I am guessing there is a problem with paths possibly. I deleted everything to do with wiced off my PC and un-installing the application. Re-downloaded the apllication but its still empty when i open it.

Could someone help me please?

Regards,

Luke.

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I have never heard of this happening.

I've seen cases where a previous SDK and all customizations were wiped out because installed in the same location as the previous one, but never an install that installs the Eclipse IDE only.

Have you looked to see if the old directly is still there that you created previously?

Since you can get the IDE installed, try the instructions here which leverage the .7z raw files and bypass the installer: How to Import a New SDK into an Existing WICED Smart IDE

I'm thinking this may be the best path to get around this anomaly.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I have never heard of this happening.

I've seen cases where a previous SDK and all customizations were wiped out because installed in the same location as the previous one, but never an install that installs the Eclipse IDE only.

Have you looked to see if the old directly is still there that you created previously?

Since you can get the IDE installed, try the instructions here which leverage the .7z raw files and bypass the installer: How to Import a New SDK into an Existing WICED Smart IDE

I'm thinking this may be the best path to get around this anomaly.