Cypress Driver VS UVC Driver

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JeZy_4330396
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Cypress team,

I 'm getting performance issue when I'm using the cypress driver(bulk endpoint) for the streaming.

Even if my laptop is not the most powerfull computer, the streaming works perfectly at 30 fps (2MP raw8, 62 MBytes/s) but when i set the speed to 60 fps (124 MBytes/s), i'm getting many errors with the function CyU3PDmaMultiChannelCommitBuffer.

Can I get better result if i m trying to use UVC and put my raw 8 into a format allowed by the UVC driver ?

Regards,

JZ

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

- Please let us know how are the UVC and Cypress based applications compared?

- What is the Cypress application used to test? Is it a standard Cypress provided example or is it your custom code?

- The CPU usage also depends on the way in which the application is coded.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello JZ,

Please refer to the below KBA for suggestions on CyU3PDmaChannelCommitBuffer() API failure.

Invalid Sequence Error in Multi-Channel Commit Buffer - KBA218830

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes

Hi Srinath S,

Yes i have already follow this KBA, but the UVC driver is more powerfull than the cypress driver ?

Regards,

JZ

0 Likes

Hello JZ,

Cypress driver has been tested to handle speeds above 300MBps using the Cypress driver and Streamer application. Commit buffer failure can occur if the host application is not fast enough to read the data bytes from the FX3 buffers. The host application needs to be implemented in a way such that it is fast enough to read the buffers from the FX3 as and when they are filled.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes

Ok i understand, and is it possible that the UVC better handle the computer ressources ?

Because i see more cpu usage when i use the cypress driver than the uvc.

0 Likes

Hello,

- Please let us know how are the UVC and Cypress based applications compared?

- What is the Cypress application used to test? Is it a standard Cypress provided example or is it your custom code?

- The CPU usage also depends on the way in which the application is coded.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes