Cypress Bluetooth Mesh Evaluation Kit - Unboxing

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AsRa_264661
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 likes received

Hi All,

I have received my Bluetooth Mesh Development kit, Please check out the unboxing video here

1 Solution

Hi Ashok Ra​,

I appreciate your effort to make an unboxing video of MeshKit. It is very nice.

The ClientControl  (picture attached in your comment) which you are using is not suitable for mesh. Please use one of the following Helper application to provision and Configure the Mesh device (Eg: BLE_Mesh_LightDimmable).

1) PeerApps - (\ModusToolbox_1.1\libraries\bt_sdk-1.1\components\BT-SDK\common\apps\snip\mesh\peerapps)

MeshClient (Win10)

AndroidApp (MeshController.apk)

IOS App

2) MeshClientControl + mesh_provision_client app.

(\ModusToolbox_1.1\libraries\bt_sdk-1.1\components\BT-SDK\common\apps\snip\mesh\ClientControl\Release)

The steps to provision and configure are pretty much simple. Please go through Helper application guide: MeshClient and ClientControlMesh App User Guide

I would suggest you to start with  Getting Started with Bluetooth Mesh guide.

Please watch How To Design With Bluetooth Mesh (Hands-On) if you prefer video lecture.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

11 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Nice work AsRa_264661

rabuc_1058731
Level 1
Level 1

Nice video..

Hv you tried to build mesh Android peerapp source provided with modus ide..?

I am really facing hard time with same..

source location:

C:\Users\RAVI\ModusToolbox_1.1\libraries\bt_20819A1-1.0\components\BT-SDK\common\apps\snip\mesh\peerapps\Android

I am using Android studio 2.3 but its not compiling source code..

Can you help me with,

Android Studio Version

Gridle Version

Ndk Version

any other specific dependency

which can build this app..

0 Likes

Hi MichaelF_56​ & RaBu_1058731​  ,

Thank you

I just tried to use ModusToolbox , stil struck with step 2,

i flashed "BLE_Mesh_OnOffSwitch" on one board and "BLE_Mesh_LightDimmable" on another one, but could not configure the profiles via client control..

Still i have not checked android things.. i will

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes

Hi Ashok Ra​,

I appreciate your effort to make an unboxing video of MeshKit. It is very nice.

The ClientControl  (picture attached in your comment) which you are using is not suitable for mesh. Please use one of the following Helper application to provision and Configure the Mesh device (Eg: BLE_Mesh_LightDimmable).

1) PeerApps - (\ModusToolbox_1.1\libraries\bt_sdk-1.1\components\BT-SDK\common\apps\snip\mesh\peerapps)

MeshClient (Win10)

AndroidApp (MeshController.apk)

IOS App

2) MeshClientControl + mesh_provision_client app.

(\ModusToolbox_1.1\libraries\bt_sdk-1.1\components\BT-SDK\common\apps\snip\mesh\ClientControl\Release)

The steps to provision and configure are pretty much simple. Please go through Helper application guide: MeshClient and ClientControlMesh App User Guide

I would suggest you to start with  Getting Started with Bluetooth Mesh guide.

Please watch How To Design With Bluetooth Mesh (Hands-On) if you prefer video lecture.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

Thanks DheerajP_41​ for information.

i will try the things, and come back here.

0 Likes

Hi DheerajP_41​ ,

I tried the steps mention in the UM, but unfortunately I'm not getting "done" message in trace (step2) , anything am i missing?

my console out :

pastedImage_0.png

i tried to use IOS app to discover but it not listed.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes

Hi Ashok Ra,

I believe you are using BTSDK1.3 (ModusToolbox BT SDK 1.3 ). Otherwise please update your BTSDK.

The baud rate which you are using is not recommended. Please use baud rate 921600 for MeshKits. (A NOTE will be displayed on ClientControl log window at starting).

Could you please check the IOS app has all the permissions given? Were you able to use BLE_Mesh_LightDimmable with any of the other helper applications?

Also, nodes in mesh network can communicate each other only if it is added (provisioned) to the network and configured well by a provisioner. Here mesh_provision_client along with MeshClientControl or MeshClient is acting as provisioner which has capability to add other devices into the network.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

Hi DheerajP_41

I installed BT SDK 1.3 once again and removed default one. But i the folder name was not updating to 1.3 , still shows like bt_sdk_1.1 Is this expected behavior?

pastedImage_0.png

The next thing after flashing LED_Dimmable App , not seen any LED notification (blinking) for particular app. Its so difficult to identify the status of board.

Next thing , still getting same messages on Mesh client control trace, Its good if you guys can print the version on trace after it starts. so

finally nothing works for me.    wish to get some telephonic support.

Note (COM3) -> HCI_UART

Thanks

Ashok r

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes

Hi Ashok Ra,

Your suggestions are valuable for use. I will present below two points infront of our developers so that customers can understand example code much more better.

1. LED blink indication after download LED_DIMMABLE app.
  2. Print Software versions on the peer apps (Helper applicaitons).

Please see the answers for your questions below.

1. You have installed the BTSDK1.3 correctly, since you can see that package on 'Update modus toolbox' window. The real exact version number can be seen inside \ModusToolbox_1.1\libraries\bt_sdk-1.1\versiion.xml. 
  2. After provisioning the LED_Dimmable app, you can ask the device to identify itself from the Helper applications which will trigger LED blink code for sometime to alert the user. I would suggest you to use MeshClient or Android/IOS app first to provision and control the mesh devices so that you can be comfortable with the mesh apps features,
  3. Cypress provides you the example mesh applications which implements different models and features defined in SIG mesh specification, So that the customer can take our code examples and customize it in a way it is appropriate for the end product.

I would suggest you to watch How To Design With Bluetooth Mesh (Hands-On) , if you want to know how to use and develop mesh apps.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

Thanks DheerajP_41​ 

I flashed MeshControl apk, and able to connect to device and control it.

But what is the use of below Controller App? which also do the same? via UART?

pastedImage_3.png

The video link i already checked it was not active.

I could not found the Mesh Controller android app on google play.

If the Apps are there , the below links should take us to the google play /apple store

pastedImage_1.png

Thanks

Ashok r

0 Likes

Hi AsRa_264661​,

Good work.

As I explained earlier we provides few mesh helper applications which are useful while developing Mesh applications as they provide ample details that can be useful while debugging applications. Please go through the https://www.cypress.com/file/473921/download for more details.

The ClientControlMesh application implements only the application layer. It uses the Mesh Models and Mesh Core libraries residing on an embedded device, requiring a Cypress device (Mesh or other evaluation board) connected to the PC to act as a Client for Mesh operations.

I have checked the video link, and it is still active. If hyperlink does not work please copy (https://community.cypress.com/videos/1721) into the url field and try.

MeshController android app is not released on google playstore.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj