[Urgent] Pairing issue with Windows 10

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
YoSe_2611001
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am using CYBLE-222014-01 for my project.

My customer is complaining about a pairing issue on Windows 10.

Security connection with Bluetooth devices became stronger on Windows 10 version 1903.

I was not able to pair more than one cypress units on Windows 10 of that version.

Their updates are like the below:

Addresses a security vulnerability by intentionally preventing connections between Windows and Bluetooth devices that are not secure and use well-known keys to encrypt connections, including security fobs.

and they suggest Contact your Bluetooth device manufacturer to determine if a device update exists.

Are there any updates about this on your side?

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

Please refer to the section 6. Low Energy Secure Connections in this application note for more information on Keys generation.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

Can you please let me know what is the BLE component version you are using in the PSoC Creator?

Can you please change to latest version BLE v3.60 component (In psoc creator, Goto->Project->Update components) and check.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes

The version of BLE component I am using is 3.60.

I think the problem is because all the Bluetooth modules have the same Long term keys etc.

When I got the keys from CyBle_GapGetDevSecurityKeyInfo(), all the Bluetooth modules have the same long term keys like:

0xD6,0x93,0xE8,0xA4,0x23,0x55,0x48,0x99,0x1D,0x77,0x61,0xE6,0x63,0x2B,0x10,0x8E.

When I generate the keys from CyBle_GapGenerateKeys(0x03,&tlKeys), I got the keys like the below all the Bluetooth modules

0x7E,0x9A,0x27,0x8,0xD6,0x9E,0xB7,0x59,0xBF,0x29,0x30,0x5F,0x5,0x53,0x54,0x7E.

What are the keys generated based on?

Thank you.

0 Likes

Hello,

Please refer to the section 6. Low Energy Secure Connections in this application note for more information on Keys generation.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes