the specific implementation of the mesh scene

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mawu_4270096
Level 5
Level 5
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

Hi:

according to the documents ,I have  realized  the bluetooth mesh scene,but I have some doubts

1.  as we know,the CYW20735 have not  On-chip flash,so I think the scene configurations should be saved into the external flash,but I can't find out any code to save the scene configuration

2. the scene server  how to process the messages which come from scene client,  I  can only find the scene server message entry which is wiced_bt_mesh_model_scene_server_message_handler,but this function is encapsulated, what if I want to add my own application

thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi Mandy Wu,

1. Memory is allotted in the VS (Vendor-Specific) section of the NVRAM (flash memory) for Mesh parameters that need to survive power cycles. This is accomplished by the mesh_setup_nvram_ids() function defined in mesh_application.c.

2. All the APIs are well documented in the SDK itself. Please use API.html file (inside Doc folder) to understand the API usage.

(Open API.html -> select Components tab -> Bluetooth -> BLE MESH -> Mesh Model Library API)

To understand the simple usage of scene store and recall you can refer Mesh OnOff Server ​ APIs which are wiced_bt_mesh_model_onoff_server_scene_store_handler​ and wiced_bt_mesh_model_onoff_server_scene_recall_handler.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi Mandy Wu,

1. Memory is allotted in the VS (Vendor-Specific) section of the NVRAM (flash memory) for Mesh parameters that need to survive power cycles. This is accomplished by the mesh_setup_nvram_ids() function defined in mesh_application.c.

2. All the APIs are well documented in the SDK itself. Please use API.html file (inside Doc folder) to understand the API usage.

(Open API.html -> select Components tab -> Bluetooth -> BLE MESH -> Mesh Model Library API)

To understand the simple usage of scene store and recall you can refer Mesh OnOff Server ​ APIs which are wiced_bt_mesh_model_onoff_server_scene_store_handler​ and wiced_bt_mesh_model_onoff_server_scene_recall_handler.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

mawu_4270096
Level 5
Level 5
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

Hi  DheerajP_41:

thank you for your reply.

1.  mesh_setup_nvram_ids() is only to allocate the nv ids,I can't find the place  where the scene configuration is written to nv by the allocated  ids

2.wiced_bt_mesh_model_onoff_server_scene_store_handler and wiced_bt_mesh_model_onoff_server_scene_recall_handler are

encapsulated,I guess if the scene on_off value are written to nv in wiced_bt_mesh_model_onoff_server_scene_store_handler,meanwhile  if the on off value are read from nv in the wiced_bt_mesh_model_onoff_server_scene_recall_handler.  and the on off message is how to transport to application layer to perform the  on off operatiothsn

thanks!

0 Likes

Hi mawu_4270096,

"nvram write" and "Saving Scene states" are handled by mesh core libraries, which is not accessible by customers. The nv ids which you are setting in mesh_application.c will be used by core and models.

And whenever a scene store or recall valid messages are received by the core, it need to tell all the elements of the device to store/recall the current state. The information for the model state are defined in the model spec: https://www.bluetooth.com/specifications/mesh-specifications/

Thanks,

-Dheeraj