SPI maximum data rate

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ShMi_1495391
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

What is the SPI maximum data rate?

Take the PSoC 61 datasheet as an example.

(https://www.cypress.com/file/385931/download )

It is written on page 8 as "48 MHz".

pastedImage_1.png

But, Data rate range is 1-25000kbps in Master mode on PSoC Creator and page 8 of component datasheet.

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_4.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

Response from doc owner “We actually can run the SPI up to 50 MHz, if MISO is not used. When you remove the MISO line, the oversampling can be set to 2. The datasheet shows the full-duplex case only.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Vison_Zhang
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 250 sign-ins

The datasheet should be wrong, i think. The maximum drive clock of SPI master should be 100MHz, with a minimum 4 over sample setting, the maximum data rate is 25Mbps. Let me confirm with datasheet owner and update it.

0 Likes

Two weeks have passed, how is the situation?

0 Likes

I have't got a response from document owner, but i am very sure the component is correct,  the maximum peripheral clock of P6 is 100MHz, for SPI mater, the minimum over sample num is 4, so the maximum data rate(spi clock) is 25Mbps.

0 Likes

I think so, too.

Just in case, please update this thread if you get a response from document owner.

0 Likes

Response from doc owner “We actually can run the SPI up to 50 MHz, if MISO is not used. When you remove the MISO line, the oversampling can be set to 2. The datasheet shows the full-duplex case only.

0 Likes

Thank you for your answer.

I understand. I believe in PSoC Creator.

0 Likes