permission check retCode = 00

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my application,when i write a characteristic,I can always see the log "Checking readable attribute 00d2" and log "permission check retCode = 00".

The characteristic I write has the PROP of " LEGATTDB_CHAR_PROP_READ | LEGATTDB_CHAR_PROP_WRITE_NO_RESPONSE | LEGATTDB_CHAR_PROP_WRITE| LEGATTDB_CHAR_PROP_NOTIFY ",

and have the PERMISSION of "  LEGATTDB_PERM_VARIABLE_LENGTH | LEGATTDB_PERM_READABLE | LEGATTDB_PERM_WRITE_CMD | LEGATTDB_PERM_WRITE_REQ" .

I have questions:

1.  Do the two logs mean errors or warning?

2.  What does the retCode of permission check mean?such as 00 ,01,02,03 and so on.

0 Likes
1 Solution

retcode is a kind of diagnostic message and retcode=0 only means that permission is allowed and there is no problem.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

anybody here?

0 Likes

Can you tell me more exactly what is the app trying to accomplish here? Is it trying to write/read certain characteristic value?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just use Lightblue app to write the characteristic. For example ,write a byte 0xff to the characteristic.But nomater when I write,I can see the two logs above.

I just want to know ,why do permission check? What the retCode mean?

0 Likes

I may have to run past the developers to get you the definitions of those messages.

0 Likes

retcode is a kind of diagnostic message and retcode=0 only means that permission is allowed and there is no problem.

0 Likes