How to flash CYW43909 evaluation board properly?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SeSh_3921701
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I'm trying to flash a small test application onto the board, it just should print out a debug message through the serial console.

I use the standard Makefile inside 43xxx_Wi-Fi directory with corresponding platform directory added. The command looks like (for now, I'm using Linux host for all the stuff):

$ ./make test.minapp-BCM943909WCD1_3 download

During the flashing process I'm receiving this error through the console:

!!! Sflash will work in generic 1-bit mode ( unknown sflash id : 0x1740ef ) !!!

Except that, no other debug messages are shown.

It seems that the wrong flash type is indicated somewhere. I have checked the platform's .mk file for flash type, it is currently set to:

GLOBAL_DEFINES += SFLASH_SUPPORT_MACRONIX_PARTS

How can I check which flash type should be used?

Actually, any guidelines on this board's flashing process are highly appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Looks like you are using an WINBOND flash (W25Q64FV). I am guessing the flash part number based on the sflash ID you have mentioned. So, what you can do right now is that instead of GLOBAL_DEFINES += SFLASH_SUPPORT_MACRONIX_PARTS in your platform.mk file, you can write GLOBAL_DEFINES += SFLASH_SUPPORT_WINBOND_PARTS.

Please check whether the error goes away now.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

What is the on-board sflash that you are using? Please refer to SFLASH support addition in WICED​ to find out the guideline.

Hi!

Sorry for the silence, there were some issues with authenticating on the site.

First of all, it seems I don't know exactly what type of SFlash I'm using. I have a module which is marked as 'CYW43909' on the PCB, and no other chips are big enough except FTDI one that can hold any memory inside, I think.

So am I correct that to find what memory is used in my case I need some kind of a datasheet for evaluation board?

Also I should mention that after updating SDK to the recent version, flashing and bootup processes run fine. However, initial warning about unknown sflash is still shown. Maybe I just can add some definition with flash ID to proper headers?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes

Looks like you are using an WINBOND flash (W25Q64FV). I am guessing the flash part number based on the sflash ID you have mentioned. So, what you can do right now is that instead of GLOBAL_DEFINES += SFLASH_SUPPORT_MACRONIX_PARTS in your platform.mk file, you can write GLOBAL_DEFINES += SFLASH_SUPPORT_WINBOND_PARTS.

Please check whether the error goes away now.

Hi!

Thanks a lot, this change indeed fixes the problem.

0 Likes