cyw4339 murata driver

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
LiYa_296301
Level 3
Level 3
Welcome! 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

We now used cyw4339 and cyw43455, from murata,

driver:

https://github.com/murata-wireless/cyw-fmac/archive/cyw-fmac-imx-morty-manda_r1.0.tar.gz

fw:

GitHub - murata-wireless/cyw-fmac-fw

nvram:

GitHub - murata-wireless/cyw-fmac-nvram

can't find clm_blob file for cyw4339, cyw43455 have clm_blob file

Driver for two kinds of chip often print "brcmfmac: brcmf_parse_vndr_ies: invalid vndr ie. length is too small 4", but seems there isn't problem. Will it have some potential issues?

And also how to check if dfs enable/disable with wl?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello:

please check below instructions I extracted from the address:

https://www.prowesswireless.com/single-post/2016/05/28/DFS-80211h

I think it explains the Master and STA role in DFS clearly .

and if your product already passed the lab test for DFS, it should have no problem for your concerns.

4.5 DFS Operating modes

The WLAN devices will operate in either Master (AP) or Slave (STA) devices. WLAN devices operating as a Slave (STA) shall only operate in a network controlled by a WLAN device operating as a Master (AP).

The operational behavior and individual DFS requirements that are associated with master and slave devices are as follows

4.5.1 Role of Master device

• Master device should have radar detection functionality in order to detect radar signal on operating channel.
  • A DFS capable master device will start operations only on Non – radar detected channels which will become operating channel.
  • Master device should continuously monitor that operating channel for the presence of radar signal .This operation is called In-service monitoring(ISM).
  • If radar frequency is detected on operating channel the master device should move to another non-radar detected channel by advertising its channel switch operation to its associated STAs by including C.S.A element in its  beacon frames.
  • Master device should perform Channel availability check on off channel (if it is DFS channel) to verify if any radars are operating on that channel before switching.
  • If no radar is detected during CAC period of time then that channel will become available channel or operating channel.
  • The radar detected  channel will become unavailable channel or unusable channel for a Non occupancy period(NOP) of time .
  • Continuous monitoring for the detection of radar signals  will be done on operating channel called as In service monitoring .
  • If radar is detected during this process it follows the same procedure as mentioned above
  • Most of the DFS operation is carried out by master device, Slave functionality is to monitor Master device .
  • The prime function of Slave device is that it should not transmit any frames once after radar signal  is detected on the operating channel.
  • It should not resume any frames on the radar detected channel .
  • Slave should monitor to Master device for proper signal to start transmit operation.
  • Slave should listen to the beacon frames of AP for channel switch operation and Transmit operation.
  • C.S.A element in beacons plays key role Slave device operation.

View solution in original post

43 Replies

Thank you for your sharing those information, but it didn't ask my question.

• If radar frequency is detected on operating channel the master device should move to another non-radar detected channel by advertising its channel switch operation to its associated STAs by including C.S.A element in its  beacon frames.

There is maybe some other non-radar detected channels when a radar frequency is detected on operating channel, I just want to know which another channel the chip will move to? it depends on driver/chip.

for example:

I start softap with channel 100, master start channel 100 after CAC and work for a while, when a radar signal is detected, master should move to another channel, but at that time, lots of channels are all available except for channel 100, which channel will chip select? a random channel except for channel 100?

0 Likes

I think the channel is not a random, it should jump to a channel after some info compare.  and different country has different regulatory, even radar channel may be different , so a specific channel is not answering your question.  Anyway we should obey the rule always , I think your concerns about 1 minutes or 10 minutes should be normal if it comes from spec.

0 Likes

Yes, we really don't want to use those channels delay 10 minutes, hope chip didn't move to those channels. So we hope the jumping rule is under control.

0 Likes

When I am starting a SOFTAP, if I specified a channel(for example 100), but radar is using the channel, so chip stop the channel, if I know the channel(100) is using, I can start it using 104 or the other.

So select a available channel when staring softap is better if chip can do.

0 Likes