mySQL Connector for PSoC with UBlox SARA?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
LaPe_296836
Level 2
Level 2
First like received

Hi,

I would like to create an embedded mySQL client running on PSoC (PSoC 6, to be specific).  I will connect to the Internet via a Ublox SARA module.

I've found a few Open Source mySQL connectors for Arduino, and these could be adapted, but I wonder if anyone has already done this for PSoC, or general 'C', especially if they've already done the glue to the UBLOX AT command set.

Thanks!

Larry

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello Larry,

I'm afraid no has one has ported any mysql connectors from Arduino Libraries to PSoC. But there is an open source library available in C which can be used: MySQL :: MySQL 8.0 Reference Manual :: 28.7.1 MySQL C API Implementations

But we haven't done anything of this nature, so cannot guarantee its working. If your application requirement is to connect to a mySQL database, then I would suggest using the PSoC 6 WiFi-BT to connect to the internet and use AWS to host the database. We have some AWS code examples which you can refer: Cypress Semiconductor | Mbed

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello Larry,

I'm afraid no has one has ported any mysql connectors from Arduino Libraries to PSoC. But there is an open source library available in C which can be used: MySQL :: MySQL 8.0 Reference Manual :: 28.7.1 MySQL C API Implementations

But we haven't done anything of this nature, so cannot guarantee its working. If your application requirement is to connect to a mySQL database, then I would suggest using the PSoC 6 WiFi-BT to connect to the internet and use AWS to host the database. We have some AWS code examples which you can refer: Cypress Semiconductor | Mbed

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes