Adobe SVG viewer not available and PD 5.4 SP1 won't work

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
damcc_332631
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

I just installed PD 5.4 SP1 on Win10.  The installer for Adobe SVG failed.  Ok, I googled and found the following posts:

Install PSoC Designer 5.4 fail - svg viewer

PSoC1 support?

These point back to Adobe, but the link to download the file is broken.  Apparently Adobe has deleted that file.  How am I supposed to use Psoc Designer???  The chip view/edit function doesn't work without SVG.

1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

This is the SVG Viewer installer, which I have downloaded some time before. Can you kindly try and check if it works?

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

View solution in original post

8 Replies
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Kindly try the following link

Adobe SVG Viewer Download Area

Best regards,

Sampath

0 Likes

Did you try the link? It leads to the same broken file download. The file doesn’t exist!

Sincerely,

David McCurley

Design Engineer

Microframe Corp

918.258.4839 x114

I have had the same problem and the link does not work for me either. I think there might have been an error related to SVG during installation as well (as you found in other post). Even if we can download the program, will it be compatible with 64-bit Windows 10? The last version by Adobe is to Windows XP and claims to be from 2005 (v3.03).

Hopefully, someone from Cypress will chime in with a fix.

Thanks,

Torrey Bievenour

Polar Spectrum, LLC

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

This is the SVG Viewer installer, which I have downloaded some time before. Can you kindly try and check if it works?

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

Sampath,

I downloaded and installed that SVGView,exe file without any trouble. PSoC Designer now seems to be working without any problems.

Thank you!

Torrey Bievenour

Polar Spectrum, LLC

Thank you.  I downloaded and installed SVG viewer.  Installs fine on Win10 ver 1803 (build 17134.706).  PD 5.4 is now happy as well.  This resolves my issue.

0 Likes

Thank You so much!

0 Likes

Thank you. It works with Windows 10 10.0.1863.592!

0 Likes