Can .cysem files be stored in a deterministic order?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JoBr_1593366
Level 5
Level 5
100 sign-ins 50 questions asked 100 replies posted

Often when I save a project, sections of the .cysem file get re-arranged, even though they're identical content, which makes the revision control difficult to read:

diff.png

Can PSoC Creator be improved to not do this?  maybe sort these lines alphabetically?

(Also it would be best if there were no .cysch binary files at all, and everything were just stored as plain text, so changes from different branches could be merged.)

0 Likes
3 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

During the implementation, we missed sorting and hence you are seeing this issue. I have passed this on to the product development team as an enhancement request and they will process your query. For now, I guess, you need to use .gitignore and ignore these files in version control to avoid unnecessary commits.

Regards,

Dheeraj

DheerajK_81 wrote:

During the implementation, we missed sorting and hence you are seeing this issue. I have passed this on to the product development team as an enhancement request and they will process your query.

Ok, thank you.

For now, I guess, you need to use .gitignore and ignore these files in version control to avoid unnecessary commits.

Well, I want to be able to see the changes in these files, since I can't see the changes in the binary files.  It's just that there are often these meaningless changes along with the important changes.

0 Likes

I agree. The product development team is working to get this fixed. Thank you for your interest in Cypress Products.

Regards,

Dheeraj