PSOC 4200 SWD Debug - How can I stream internal variables at high data rate?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JoZh_4299466
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm using PSOC 4200 series uC. I used PSOC creator as my IDE when I wrote my application program. It seems PSOC creator has a very basic debugging interface where I'm not able to stream internal variables out in real time. There is no spare communication interfaces that I can use to stream out the data. Also, the application code has consumed most of the CPU run time so it's not possible to add more communication software. I think my last bet is the SWD interface.

May I know if it's possible at all to use the SWD interface to stream out internal variables on the PSOC 4200 series microcontrollers? And if so, how should I go about doing it? Do I need to export the software to another IDE and purchase debug probes that can achieve this functionality? What do you recommend as a cost-effective way to achieve what I described?

Thanks in advance,

John

0 Likes
1 Solution

jzhang,

I believe that with MiniProg3 you can observe variables in debug mode only (no variables streaming). I use UART to report variables out.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Please indicate which PSoC kit are you using.

0 Likes

This is a custom implementation of CY8C4245PVS-482, which belongs to the PSOC 4200 family. I'm not sure if this particular chip is used on any development kit due to its limited pin count. In this application, I have been using the miniProg3 to program the device through the SWData and SWCLK lines. I would like to know if there is any way possible that I can stream interval variable values out with the SWD interface. 

0 Likes

jzhang,

I believe that with MiniProg3 you can observe variables in debug mode only (no variables streaming). I use UART to report variables out.

0 Likes