CYW43907 3/4-Wire Coexistence

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaRa_4092696
Level 1
Level 1

Is 3-wire or 4-wire coexistence with non-Cypress BLE modules supported?

Should specific pins be reserved for this feature or can it be mapped to any GPIO?

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution

The 43907 part doesn't support 3-wire/ 4-wire coexistence.  4-wire is very much deprecated and 3-wire support is reduced to combo chips like 4343w.

Could you mention the use case / project detail that you are working on.

If this is an feature request for 43907, then this has to come through the local FAE/Sales.

Regards

Vinayak

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
VinayakS_26
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi,

Could you please go through the following document and see if it helps you.

https://www.cypress.com/file/298336/download

Regards,

Vinayak

0 Likes

Unfortunately that document doesn't quite answer my questions. It indicates that Cypress-proprietary SECI only works with Cypress Bluetooth devices. The document mentions the 3-wire coexistence, but in reference to Zigbee specifically. I'm not clear if there is a reason that BT/BLE is omitted.

Also, the document hints that 3-wire coexistence is only available on certain GPIOs, but only lists the pins for a single device (CYW4343W). It does not indicate which GPIOs are available for this feature on the CYW43907.

0 Likes

The 43907 part doesn't support 3-wire/ 4-wire coexistence.  4-wire is very much deprecated and 3-wire support is reduced to combo chips like 4343w.

Could you mention the use case / project detail that you are working on.

If this is an feature request for 43907, then this has to come through the local FAE/Sales.

Regards

Vinayak

0 Likes

I think you will find this piece helpful: Coexistence Throughput Test

0 Likes