Can I use Cysmart with BLE Sensor Beacon

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_4281961
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Hello I'm very new at cypress and  I'm not native English speaker

I have two questions , please answer me

I want to get RSSI lower than -79 dBm but USB receptor can not get it

This is my devices  https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cyalkit-e02-solar-powered-ble-sensor-be...

1. Can I use Cysmart to get RSSI , Temp and Humidity from the Beacon?

2. Can I use this CY5677 usb instead to receive RSSI , Temp and Humidity from Beacon?

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cy5677-cysmart-bluetooth-low-energy-ble...

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

For BLE 4.1 devices, the RSSI value returned saturates at -79dBm which is the lowest value.

Ans: You can use Cypress BLE-Beacon app which is available in Google play store and Apple play store.

2. Can I use this CY5677 usb instead to receive RSSI , Temp and Humidity from Beacon?

Ans: You can also use CY5677 Cysmart USB dongle for windows, you can install Cypress BLE-Beacon Software for PC. Please refer to the CYALKIT-E02 kit guide for more information.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

For BLE 4.1 devices, the RSSI value returned saturates at -79dBm which is the lowest value.

Ans: You can use Cypress BLE-Beacon app which is available in Google play store and Apple play store.

Ans: You can also use CY5677 Cysmart USB dongle for windows, you can install Cypress BLE-Beacon Software for PC. Please refer to the CYALKIT-E02 kit guide for more information.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes