PSOC 5LP

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
nesc_4091706
Level 1
Level 1

The kitProg that I use is CY8C5868LTI-LP039  and target is CY8C5888LTI-LP097. When I connect the J6 USB port to my PC, the device is not detected. whereas when I Connect  the KITPROG USB  to PC, it works . Could you please explain why? As I am new to PSoc .

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi Neethu,

The onboard micro-USB connector (j6) provides access to the USB block of the PSoC 5LP device. This connector enables you to develop USB applications. Please check File- > Code Example and USB related example codes,i f you are interested in USB examples. If you want to program/Debug the device, Kitprog USB can be used.

Best Regards

Vasanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi Neethu,

The onboard micro-USB connector (j6) provides access to the USB block of the PSoC 5LP device. This connector enables you to develop USB applications. Please check File- > Code Example and USB related example codes,i f you are interested in USB examples. If you want to program/Debug the device, Kitprog USB can be used.

Best Regards

Vasanth

0 Likes

Thanks a lot for the help

On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 6:22 PM VasanthR_91 <community-manager@cypress.com>

0 Likes
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Hi,

Let me add some more to Vasanth-san's information.

So as you can see, there are two USB connectors

(1) KitProg

(2) J6

(1) is connected to the KitProg's CY8C5868LTI-LP039 and this part is working as an ICE and a debugger aka KitProg.

KitProg is connected to the target CY8C5888LTI-LP097(target) via SWD (single wire debugger) and UART.

So from a user view point there are connections

PC -> KitProg -> CY8C5888LTI-LP097

and using PSoC Creator and/or other tools we can program, debug, and use the UART of target through this KitProg.

(2) is connected to the USB module of the target.

If you want use USB module in the target this connector is the USB port you can use.

So unless you prepare some USB application in the target, the port will not be detected/visible from the PC.

moto

0 Likes

Thank you for the details.

On Fri, Jun 14, 2019 at 5:03 AM Motoo Tanaka <community-manager@cypress.com>

0 Likes