Customizing Advertising on WICED Smart (remove Tx power level?)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

zhaohua

Per the instructions you created here: Customizing Advertising on WICED Smart

how to do remove the Tx power level from the adv payload?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi muyada,

Sorry, I misunderstood your question. The following is my answer:

The ADV item is customized by yourself, the TX power level isn't int the ADV payload if you not adding it. If you didn't customized the ADV, the default fields (Flags, Local Name, Class of Device, Service UUID) are included.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
ZhaohuaS_76
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 10 questions asked 10 sign-ins

Hi muyada,

I don't know "how to do remove the Tx power level from the adv payload"? If you not call the blecm_setTxPowerInADV, will use the default TX power level that set by tx_power_level in structure BLE_PROFILE_CFG. If you call the blecm_setTxPowerADV before and want to resume the tx power level, just call blecm_setTxPowerADV(tx_power_level) again.

0 Likes
wewu_1392881
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First like given Welcome!

Do you mean you don't want the TX power information shown in ADV packet? If so i think you can add yourself scan response based on WICED Smart. It seems the default scan response of WICED smart SDK is the TX power information.

0 Likes

Hi muyada,

Sorry, I misunderstood your question. The following is my answer:

The ADV item is customized by yourself, the TX power level isn't int the ADV payload if you not adding it. If you didn't customized the ADV, the default fields (Flags, Local Name, Class of Device, Service UUID) are included.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello.

Like zhaohua said, there is no TX Power Level in the adv payload from the provided code in the blog post.

So unless you've changed the code, there is no TX Power Level.

You can also take a look at this post:

Advertiser and Scanner

James

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see, the power was being transmitted by the scan response, think I the wrong idea about how it worked. just so I know I'm correct now can someone confirm with me, When the module starts advertising, it advertises the data that is in the ble_adv_field array and the combined length of this elements in the array can't exceed 29 byte? and in response to a client scanning the module will send a packet that also shouldn't exceed 29 bytes? and it's this response packet where the power is being transmitted as this is the default value?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are correct about the maximum length of the advertisement packet.

If you want to modify the scan response packet, here's a good place to start:

ADV customer defined data issue

James

0 Likes