Issue with the BCM943362WCD4_EVB evaluation board for CYW43362

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Chvo_3305646
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Hello everyone,

I'm currently working on the evaluation board (BCM943362WCD4_EVB).

I could see in the datasheet of the CYW43362 (datasheet attached) that this chip need a dedicated crystal or an external dedicated/shared TCXO. However, I can't see this link anywhere on the schematic of the BCM43362WCD4_EVB (schematic attached).

Moreover, the pinout of the WiFi transceiver displayed in the schematic is standard while the only packages available for those chips are WLBGA.

I'm looking forward for your responses.

Regards, Christophe

0 Likes
1 Solution

The eval kit houses a SiP WM-N-BM-02 from USI based on CYW43362, not the chip itself. Hence you can see the pin numbering scheme is different. The system clock is taken care of by a crystal inside the module and only the sleep clock needs to be provided.

This thread can provide you further insights regarding the module.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted
  1. Can you search for MCO_SLEEP_CLK in the schematic?
  2. The only package available is WLBGA indeed. Please clarify what is the information you are looking for when you say 'standard'

Hello,

First of all thank you for your answer, the pinout numbering scheme on the schematic is "standard" means that I can see pin number 1, 2, 3 while the only package available is WLBGA (matrix numbering like A1, A2, etc...). So I don't know how to match these pins / signals.

Well I could see that there is a MCO_SLEEP_CLK but as it is mentionned in the datasheet there are two dedicated pins for reference frequencies.

pastedImage_2.png

SYSTEM_CLK :

pastedImage_1.png

MCO_SLEEP_CLK :

pastedImage_0.png

Or may I share this signal on the same pins ? As the device won't need both clock at the same time it might be possible ? However it's not clearly specified in the datasheet.

Regards, Christophe

0 Likes

The eval kit houses a SiP WM-N-BM-02 from USI based on CYW43362, not the chip itself. Hence you can see the pin numbering scheme is different. The system clock is taken care of by a crystal inside the module and only the sleep clock needs to be provided.

This thread can provide you further insights regarding the module.