USB Dongle I2C Lock status issue

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
KeWa_3813156
Level 2
Level 2
First like given

Dear Sir:

We Develop USB Dongle as the following steps:

1. Modify the I2C Write/read function for our Tuner/Demod

2. Simple test the I2C protocol by Cypress USB console

3. Call Cyapi by VS2010 on the host, and use this host to control Tuner/Demod

We have finished all these steps above, the VS2010 host can write/read Tuner/Demod I2C normally(Every I2C function return sucess), except the lock status.

At first, I supposed it was FW I2C issue( use EZUSB_WriteI2C/EZUSB_ReadI2C ), after i changed with my own I2C function (No I2C interrupt used), the issue still exist.

It is VS2010 host issue? We only replaced the I2C write/Read function with cypress I2C write/read, it is also unreasonable

I have attached our VS2010 hosts project file,someone please help me, we appreciate your help.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Any error message/error code to show more information? Or check the waveforms when you implement Cypress I2C WR and CH341 I2C WR to compare if they're the same.

We have not heard about this kind of issue.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
YangyangC_06
Employee
Employee
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

We have finished all these steps above, the VS2010 host can write/read Tuner/Demod I2C normally(Every I2C function return sucess), except the lock status.

Wha't's the meaning of the lock status issue?

0 Likes

Hi YangyangC:

VS2010 hosts can read/Write all Tuner/Demod register, except the lock status register.

If it is a VS2010 host isuue, i just replace cypress I2C write/read with CH341 I2C write/read, it can read lock status register sucess.

If it is CY7C68013A FW issue, i tried several I2C write/read mode(EZUSB_WriteI2C/EZUSB_ReadI2C------GPIO I2C), the lock status register returns same(lock failed).

So, please let me know what happen.Thank you very much

0 Likes

Any error message/error code to show more information? Or check the waveforms when you implement Cypress I2C WR and CH341 I2C WR to compare if they're the same.

We have not heard about this kind of issue.

0 Likes
KeWa_3813156
Level 2
Level 2
First like given

Hi YangyangC:

VS2010 hosts can read/Write all Tuner/Demod register, except the lock status register.

If it is a VS2010 host isuue, i just replace cypress I2C write/read with CH341 I2C write/read, it can read lock status register sucess.

If it is CY7C68013A FW issue, i tried several I2C write/read mode(EZUSB_WriteI2C/EZUSB_ReadI2C------GPIO I2C), the lock status register returns same(lock failed).

So, please let me know what happen.

0 Likes